3rd tier added

stu the blue 85 said:
madmank said:
this one
in77fn.jpg
what will that make the capacity

I think it would be possible to extend the stadium but what we would have to do is build a new roof above the existing roof then build the extra seats and obviously remove the old roof!

mikeswann2008 said:
when my mate worked for city he said they was planning a 3rd teir on the ends (dont know if its true or when they plan on doing this)...looks good, i think they should!

I heard the same from someone that works at city

Well the stadium only had 3 stands at first for the olympics so surely the idea that the whole roof would have to come off is bollocks:

_41009336_man_city_bbc_416x300.jpg

The 3 tier pic is the dream, we're a long, long way off that yet so I wouldn't hold your breath. One of the main reasons I'd like to see 3rd tiers added is so that the roof can be designed to keep the sound in and improve the atmosphere. At Hamburg the roof was flat and it kept the sound it, was brilliant. At COMS cos the south stand's roof arches upwards all the sound being made is wasted as it just goes into the heavens. That's my theory anyway

Does anyone have the other picture? Think the stadiun was empty, but the picture quality was much better and it looked the dogs nuts. Thanks.

blue jim said:
all modern stadiums are built to leave room for expansion, or at least to make it possible.

It wouldnt look like that anyway, they would have to fill in the corners of the third tier first and raise the roof of the ends of the north and south stand. good luck getting the north stand to raise the roof!

lol east stand rules

blue jim said:
all modern stadiums are built to leave room for expansion, or at least to make it possible.

It wouldnt look like that anyway, they would have to fill in the corners of the third tier first and raise the roof of the ends of the north and south stand. good luck getting the north stand to raise the roof!

lol east stand rules

sboroMCFC said:
I think it would be possible to extend the stadium but what we would have to do is build a new roof above the existing roof then build the extra seats and obviously remove the old roof![/quo
Well give the builders a ring then and tell em how to do it!

While were on the topic, does anyone have that old picture of how Maine Road would have looked with the Kippax all the way round?

Just for old times sake!

r.soleofsalford said:
blue jim said:

lol east stand rules

I have heard that the east stand has an echo ;-p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.