3rd tier added

Biginoil said:
When we did the tour, we were told that there's no way, architecturally.

It may be possible to put a few extra seats into the corners by extending the top tiers. This would add, I think, a couple of thousand.

Well when i went on the tour i asked about expansion (of course once we fill this stadium) and he said it would be a lengthy process but could be possible but would cost a lot of money (not a problem) but also time it and by the way he said it alot of time.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Well the stadium only had 3 stands at first for the olympics so surely the idea that the whole roof would have to come off is bollocks:

_41009336_man_city_bbc_416x300.jpg

Sorry mate but your talking bollocks, if you look closely you will see the tension ring that supports the inner edge of the future roof is in place supported by the "cigar" supports behind......the stadium was designed to allow the end to be filled in after with the roof supports already present, the third tier roof could not be supported by whats there now & the existing roof would not stand while the new roof was erected

20 years in Structural Engineering btw

Frank Gallagher said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Well the stadium only had 3 stands at first for the olympics so surely the idea that the whole roof would have to come off is bollocks:

Sorry mate but your talking bollocks, if you look closely you will see the tension ring that supports the inner edge of the future roof is in place supported by the "cigar" supports behind......the stadium was designed to allow the end to be filled in after with the roof supports already present, the third tier roof could not be supported by whats there now & the existing roof would not stand while the new roof was erected

If it was expanded, it'd be cheaper to sack the roof off, scrap it and build a new one that doesn't get the first 15 rows pissed wet through.

bluealf said:
r.soleofsalford said:
blue jim said:
all modern stadiums are built to leave room for expansion, or at least to make it possible.

It wouldnt look like that anyway, they would have to fill in the corners of the third tier first and raise the roof of the ends of the north and south stand. good luck getting the north stand to raise the roof!

lol east stand rules

I have heard that the east stand has an echo ;-p

I have heard that the east stand has an echo ;-p

sam the drummer said:
Mr engineer, would it be possible to have a removable roof so we dont get wet?!

sure but then we would get pitch problems ala Wembley & Cardiff without enough sun getting to the pitch, the perfect solution would be to have one of them pitches that comes out of the stadium on wheels! like in Japan/Korea

sam the drummer said:

Sorry to butt in Mr engineer.....

Not with the current roof design it wouldnt. You'd have to take the roof off completely and redesign all of the supporting structure. You could possibly give the stadium a new outer shell whilst maintaining the existing insides to keep it cheap. That is one step before knocking it down and starting again though...

A big tarp is the cheap option....

But you all know we don't do cheap... like the mess of the swamp across town.

Frank Gallagher said:
sam the drummer said:

sure but then we would get pitch problems ala Wembley & Cardiff without enough sun getting to the pitch, the perfect solution would be to have one of them pitches that comes out of the stadium on wheels! like in Japan/Korea

Yeah I like the pitch on wheels idea better!!

Frank Gallagher said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Fair do's. I don't know anythign about it hence the 'surely the idea that the whole roof would have to come off is bollocks'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.