4-6-0

I think would should try this against Palace;

----------------Hart------------------
Zaba-----Demi------Mangala------Kolarov
----------Fernando---Fernandinho-----
Milner------------Yaya-------------Nasri
----------------Silva------------------

It would be a viable option if we had two very pacey wide men to stretch the play. Otherwise the system becomes too compact and there is no space for the midfielders to work in. With just Navas out wide we would struggle to create the necessary space.

Bluewonder said:
It would be a viable option if we had two very pacey wide men to stretch the play. Otherwise the system becomes too compact and there is no space for the midfielders to work in. With just Navas out wide we would struggle to create the necessary space.

Not only with pace out on the wings you need a player who commits another player of the opposition runs at them takes them on with a trick or 2 a few step overs...not 1 city player does that really we tend to just get around the opposition with passing

Bovril said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The problem is that, apart from Yaya, our midfield doesnt score anywhere near enough goals. If Milner, Nasri, Navas & Silva all got 10 goals a season, we could do it.
Super Frank ???
I meant of our permanent midfielders but while he's here, he's our best hope. If Silva could finish as often as Frank then he'd be one of the top 5 players in the world.

I think we might've been forced to play 4-6-0 if we had more difficult fixtures ahead, but can't see us doing it at home against bottom half teams. Think it's unlikely we'll recall any of our loanees, so I think the chances are we'll persevere with Pozo up front alone. Personally, I'd be tempted to put Toure or Nasri up there, despite neither being particularly suited to the role.

citymacc said:
What about bringing Guidetti back from Celtic?

This seems to make too much sense. At the very least he'd give them some sort of target and we'd finally get to see when he could do in the PL. Plus, there's always the slim chance that he really responds to finally getting his chance and City catch lightning in a bottle.

This is how I'd like to see us set up, for what it's worth:

-----------------Hart------------------
Zab--DemiGod---Mang--Clichy
---------Fern--Yaya--Fern---------
-----------------Silva-------------------
Navas-----------------------Nasri

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.