4-6-0

Has everyone completely forget about Sinclair or just given up on him?

This seems to be a non-argument. MP put Pozo on and then replaced him with Nasri up front, who ran around until the very end, to his credit [after making the goal, of course].

What we seemed resigned to is 4-5-1 until two of our three strikers are back. I've no idea who the one will be, Pozo, Nasri, Yaya and so on. Take your pick. I doubt that it will be another youngster, though.

Thankfully. MP has the full working week to sort it out. I am sure that he will.

a conventional 'target man' like Edin is not essential, imho. The only benefit of playing Yaya as one would be to allow us to play the 2 Ferns in the middle of the park in a 4-5-1 and bury the dreaded 4-4-2 for good.
Yaya is one of the most gifted players to pull on the blue shirt, certainly in my lifetime, he can do everything. But. i believe we play better without him. Sacrilege i know, but the team performance in Rome finally convinced me . Stick him up top, give him free rein, but most of all relieve him of any defensive duties. Let's keep piling up those clean sheets.

I think 4-6-0 will be OK for the next 2 games. Pozo is more a number 10 or player like Silva, Nasri etc anyway. Thus we could play

Hart
Zabaleta Demichelis Mangala Clichy
Nasri Fernandinho Fernando Milner
Toure Silva

We'reNotReallyHere said:
I think would should try this against Palace;

----------------Hart------------------
Zaba-----Demi------Mangala------Kolarov
----------Fernando---Fernandinho-----
Milner------------Yaya-------------Nasri
----------------Silva------------------

Looks good to me

Much more dificult with our lack of direct wingers. Whoever we play up front, teams are going to find it very easy to block off the centre of thepitch as we will have no threat in behind, or in the air. We need our fullbacks to be overlapping like mental and our wide midfielders to play really well to stop the game getting too congested in the middle. I'd of thought Navas would have to play.

Might be worth promoting Barker to offer the option of some direct pace on the left off the bench, otherwise teams are going to really pack the middle of the field and make it very tough with the players we have.

I think we have players who are more physical than Pozo and would be more suited to leading the line. For example, Nasri is very good at holding the ball.

The problem is that whoever plays in that role will not be as effective as they are in their more natural position. The detrimental effect of playing Nasri, Silva or Yaya out of position would more than outweigh any advantage of having one of them rather than Pozo leading the line. If all of our strikers are missing then we need to maximise the attacking threat of Silva, Nasri and Yaya, not restrict one of them.

cibaman said:
I think we have players who are more physical than Pozo and would be more suited to leading the line. For example, Nasri is very good at holding the ball.

The problem is that whoever plays in that role will not be as effective as they are in their more natural position. The detrimental effect of playing Nasri, Silva or Yaya out of position would more than outweigh any advantage of having one of them rather than Pozo leading the line. If all of our strikers are missing then we need to maximise the attacking threat of Silva, Nasri and Yaya, not restrict one of them.
It's all about opinions of course but the disadvantage of having Pozo leading the line in my view far outweighs the reduced effectiveness of one or more of Silva/Nasri/YaYa.
It's far too easy for only one opposition defender to mark Pozo out of the game (Distin in the Everton game) and that releases their other defenders to focus on marking our other players or even getting forward themselves.

Len Rum said:
cibaman said:

It's all about opinions of course but the disadvantage of having Pozo leading the line in my view far outweighs the reduced effectiveness of one or more of Silva/Nasri/YaYa.
It's far too easy for only one opposition defender to mark Pozo out of the game (Distin in the Everton game) and that releases their other defenders to focus on marking our other players or even getting forward themselves.

Plus we have plenty of players who can play the attacking midfield role that Nasri is playing. Silva is back now and can play there. Yaya can play there. Lampard can play there. Milner can come into the team to play on the left. I don't really see the downside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.