4-6-0

whp.blue said:
I'm no cynic said:
I have no comment to make on 4-6-0 since British Railways scrapped all their steam locomotives.

For our American cousins

"He means a 10 wheeler"
m5000.jpg

OK, desperate idea, but these are desperate times.
Navas?
I thought he was terrific last season, but he's not doing much for us out on the wing this season.
He's very, very fast. I'm certain that he just needs a goal or two, and the confidence will come flooding back. Navas right up front. Nasri, Yaya, Silva feeding him those through balls. Temporary, obviously. But maybe worth a try.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Navas?
I thought he was terrific last season, but he's not doing much for us out on the wing this season.
He's very, very fast. I'm certain that he just needs a goal or two, and the confidence will come flooding back. Navas right up front. Nasri, Yaya, Silva feeding him those through balls. Temporary, obviously. But maybe worth a try.
Not the worst shout in the world although I think we need him out wide to stretch the game.
We need Yaya, Silva and Nasri to create so there's only one other candidate if we're not going for pozo. Step forward jimmy Milner. He can play anywhere, and his energy and movement would open gaps everywhere for attacking midfielders. He can finish too.
Just surprised no one else has thought of it?

wattle said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Navas?
Not the worst shout in the world although I think we need him out wide to stretch the game.
We need Yaya, Silva and Nasri to create so there's only one other candidate if we're not going for pozo. Step forward jimmy Milner. He can play anywhere, and his energy and movement would open gaps everywhere for attacking midfielders. He can finish too.
Just surprised no one else has thought of it?

as long as he shoots down wards he can score a lot for us

Persevere with Pozo. No need to mess with the rest of a winning formula - especially not with the upcoming games which are all winnable. The young lad has had a couple of good chances to score and hopefully won't be long before he gets his first.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It is possible but I would have thought it would need more than 7 days preparation to get players to understand their role.

Much as he has played well recently (clichy) we may have to bring Kolorov back in for his attacking play and set piece delivery.

We should be working on set pieces this week, winning a few Free kicks in Yaya territory and having our skilful players getting in the box will give us more chances of penalties.

We can win these games as despite the blow of losing Kun, a reasonable Everton hardly created anything against us last week so we should have enough for Palace, Burnley and Sunderland but none will be easy.

Dya mean doing 'a Costa Coffee' or 'a Will.I.an' or 'The Dying Swan aka GC'?

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
We'reNotReallyHere said:
I think would should try this against Palace;

----------------Hart------------------
Zaba-----Demi------Mangala------Kolarov
----------Fernando---Fernandinho-----
Milner------------Yaya-------------Nasri
----------------Silva------------------

Looks good to me

Think we need to fit Lampard in there and Navas for Milner too as he is more dangerous going forward.

cibaman said:
I think we have players who are more physical than Pozo and would be more suited to leading the line. For example, Nasri is very good at holding the ball.

The problem is that whoever plays in that role will not be as effective as they are in their more natural position. The detrimental effect of playing Nasri, Silva or Yaya out of position would more than outweigh any advantage of having one of them rather than Pozo leading the line. If all of our strikers are missing then we need to maximise the attacking threat of Silva, Nasri and Yaya, not restrict one of them.

Very much agree with your second para. With lots of pressing and possession, this should hopefully produce enough goals to see us through the next few games. We won't be banging in fours and fives but, at times like this, it's more important just to get the job done. That's why most of us on here have been pretty happy with six points from two sub-standard league performances.

Wouldn't mind seeing Pozo getting decent game time but probably in midfield. Other than being loaned out, there's only one way to get experience.

-------------------------------------Hart
----Zabaleta------Demichelis----Mangala------Kolarov
---------------------------------Fernando
----------------------------Yaya---------Nasri
------------------------------------Silva
-------------------Navas------------------------Milner

Don't worry gents, I'll take my boots at the weekend. I'm sure I can knock in a few!

I track back occasional if that helps me get the people's nod?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.