4 Hours at the Capitol

Very good watch. Quite shocking.

For some reason, I never knew the extent of it at the time. Although I make a purposeful effort to ignore the goings on in America. The place, it’s political parties and it’s citizens are fucked up (and I only watched last night by chance). I thought it was a joke at the time with the Shaman fella and a few mates getting in some random open door like Jason Bent warming up with City at Everton back in 2013. That’s all I ever caught on the News at the time.

I had no idea that it was a full scale riot and attempted - albeit amateur and unorganised - coup. If Donald Trump was serious he could easily have succeeded in a coup there. Many other despot world leaders would have would have come through the ranks once they got in and taken control within. Alas, he didn’t; he went and played golf instead.

Shows how serious a politician the fella was. It was all a load of old bluster from him about the election rig, fake news at its biggest, that resulted in pure chaos and murders/suicides. Blood on his hands, yet he got away with it.

The USA has to be up there as the most bizarre and fucked up country on Earth. Certainly when it comes to it’s Citizens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good watch. Quite shocking.

For some reason, I never knew the extent of it at the time. I thought it was a joke with the Shaman fella and a few mates getting in some random open door like Jason Bent warming up with City at Everton back in 2013. That’s all I ever caught on the News at the time.

I had no idea that it was a full scale riot and attempted - albeit amateur and unorganised - coup. If Donald Trump was serious he could easily have succeeded in a coup there. Many other despot world leaders would have would have come through the ranks once they got in and taken control within. Alas, he didn’t; he went and played golf instead.

Shows how serious a politician the fella was. It was all a load of old bluster from him about the election rig, fake news at its biggest, that resulted in pure chaos and murders/suicides. Blood on his hands, yet he got away with it.

The USA has to be up there as the most bizarre and fucked up country on Earth. Certainly when it comes to it’s Citizens.
It was not a joke at all by any means. Whilst it wasn't "organized " on a strategic level there were a number of small groups organized and working in concert. Also, whipping up the moms and pops and "kids" to join in as well.

Last edited:
I would add that it was the most uncomfortable 90 minutes I have seen on TV, and I have watched a lot of Swindon. Had the rioters succeeded, the consequences to democracy would have been horrendous. I found the shout of "we've got one" when they pulled the cop out of the tunnel was truly chilling. I fucking hate Trump.

Some really annoying people interviewed
Especially that maggot with long curly hair
The one who gave it “800,000 children go missing every year in the US and they’re kidnapped and raped by the political class”, and thought he was impressive for smoking weed in the big hall?

A proper bell end, him!

Saying that, I’ll bet most there that day are proper bell ends!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a shocking event to watch live , i think we had a game on but i kept switching over , i think this terrorist act is very underplayed outside of the US
Very shocking and sometimes surreal and ridiculous live, and I agree. It was by definition, if I remember correctly, a terrorist act.

Just watched that film. Shocking, moving, extraordinary.
A number of things occur to me:
1. The bravery and restraint of those police officers was very impressive.
2. The rioters were all complete shits, convincing themselves that they were saving democracy when they were doing the precise opposite.
3. I do not know much about the psychology of demagoguery or how they convince whole cadres of people to believe total rubbish and act accordingly. History has thrown up many demagogues but Trump is the worst of the lot since he had so much power to do good but the leader of the free world chose to do evil.
4. The republican reps lost all moral standing when they stood to oppose the certification of the election. Their democratic duty was to do the opposite.
5. We should always be on our guard to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.