4 Hours at the Capitol

Just watched that film. Shocking, moving, extraordinary.
A number of things occur to me:
1. The bravery and restraint of those police officers was very impressive.
2. The rioters were all complete shits, convincing themselves that they were saving democracy when they were doing the precise opposite.
3. I do not know much about the psychology of demagoguery or how they convince whole cadres of people to believe total rubbish and act accordingly. History has thrown up many demagogues but Trump is the worst of the lot since he had so much power to do good but the leader of the free world chose to do evil.
4. The republican reps lost all moral standing when they stood to oppose the certification of the election. Their democratic duty was to do the opposite.
5. We should always be on our guard to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

2. The rioters were all complete shits, convincing themselves that they were saving democracy when they were doing the precise opposite.
3. I do not know much about the psychology of demagoguery or how they convince whole cadres of people to believe total rubbish and act accordingly. History has thrown up many demagogues but Trump is the worst of the lot since he had so much power to do good but the leader of the free world chose to do evil.
4. The republican reps lost all moral standing when they stood to oppose the certification of the election. Their democratic duty was to do the opposite.
5. We should always be on our guard to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.
Exactly this. Many were saying "Step aside, we are doing this for you."

"If you oppose us you are a traitor to your nation"

"You better pick a side. "

Sadly, this is a great post. Sadly, because I think it's entirely true. The desensitisation of so many to moral depravity continues to stagger me and this coupled with client journalism and the role of social media in not only taking away our ability to think and make evidence based judgements but to make many believe their views are as valid as experts fuels a lot of this.
We see it in our country too where it's becoming increasingly clear the Govt and client health professionals sent thousands of untested COVID infected elderly people back into care homes but no one is held to account.

It caused a bit of a stir in the US politics thread.
I agree with most of what has been posted in here so far and expressed my outrage in the other thread.

The police were a shambles that day. There should’ve been a lot more of them.

How individual cops managed to keep their relative cool and not just open fire on more of those cunts, which would’ve made the situation worse, I’ll never know. I doubt I’d have had that resolve.

That woman who was killed by the cop…good. Fuck her.

I had no idea that a number of police committed suicide after the stress of dealing with what happened. Those poor sods, and their families. Heartbreaking.

Every one of those ‘protestors’ who were identified should’ve been charged for terrorist offences.

There should
The police were a shambles that day. There should’ve been a lot more of them.

How individual cops managed to keep their relative cool and not just open fire on more of those cunts, which would’ve made the situation worse, I’ll never know. I doubt I’d have had that resolve.

That woman who was killed by the cop…good. Fuck her.

I had no idea that a number of police committed suicide after the stress of dealing with what happened. Those poor sods, and their families. Heartbreaking.

Every one of those ‘protestors’ who were identified should’ve been charged for terrorist offences.
Should have been many more. I agree. Most there, most not all obviously, fought like hell. A former police commander wrote a sixteen page, iirc, whistle-blower letter to the Congress. It is quite interesting. I'd imagine it is still available online.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.