4 Hours at the Capitol

Just watched that film. Shocking, moving, extraordinary.
A number of things occur to me:
1. The bravery and restraint of those police officers was very impressive.
2. The rioters were all complete shits, convincing themselves that they were saving democracy when they were doing the precise opposite.
3. I do not know much about the psychology of demagoguery or how they convince whole cadres of people to believe total rubbish and act accordingly. History has thrown up many demagogues but Trump is the worst of the lot since he had so much power to do good but the leader of the free world chose to do evil.
4. The republican reps lost all moral standing when they stood to oppose the certification of the election. Their democratic duty was to do the opposite.
5. We should always be on our guard to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.
I wonder how much restraint the cops would have shown if it happened to be a mob of black people that was attacking the Capitol.

And for those interested, here are hours and hours of video taken on 6 January 21, by the terrorists and posted on online.

That’s a weird take.

It was a pure numbers game. The police knew loads of those mad twats would’ve been armed themselves.
Agreed and under the circumstances they handled the situation with restraint very much delayed as much as possible. Waiting for backup.
I think the point is that it seems incredible that a protest from a black or other minority group would have left the police force so hopelessly outnumbered.
It’s all what ifs now, but with Trump at the helm still, it would seem unlikely.

Agreed and under the circumstances they handled the situation with restraint very much delayed as much as possible. Waiting for backup.
I think the point is that it seems incredible that a protest from a black or other minority group would have left the police force so hopelessly outnumbered.
It’s all what ifs now, but with Trump at the helm still, it would seem unlikely.

That was how I viewed it - there would have been far more police, and maybe more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.