40 years ago today - steps towards youth team success

Gary James

40 years ago today several players who would go on to help the youth team find FA Youth Cup success signed apprentice forms for the club. They include these guys:

All contributed to the first team too, especially David White of course.

I remember that 84/85 team, they should probably have won the Youth Cup that season too, with Darren Beckford banging in the goals for fun. I watched them thrash Forest 8-0, sat just behind the directors' box. Cloughie stuck it for about an hour and then walked out. Lost at Newcastle in the next round after dominating the game according to reports.

I remember that 84/85 team, they should probably have won the Youth Cup that season too, with Darren Beckford banging in the goals for fun. I watched them thrash Forest 8-0, sat just behind the directors' box. Cloughie stuck it for about an hour and then walked out. Lost at Newcastle in the next round after dominating the game according to reports.
City had a decent squad, but Newcastle had a certain Paul Gascoigne alongside Kevin Scott and a few others who made the First XI.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.