40 Years Ago Today

Apart from that it was a great night. Two early goals and a cracking atmosphere. Took a mate from Uni along to waht was his first City game and he was hooked from then on. Sadly, we didn't know how bad the injury was at the time.

Buchan actually used to live a few doors down from where I live now. He was a very polished player and Bell never blamed him for the injury. He said he could see Buchan but took the wrong option when he could have avoided the tackle. He was quite upset that Buchan never came to visit him in hospital or apologise though.

November 12th 1975. League Cup match City v Rags.

Marin Buchan (Spit)

Colin Bell

Need I say more?
Wasn't that a night match and no buses (SELNEC) were running due to recent violence against the bus crews so they went on strike? If that was the game I remember walking to the game from Clayton as a 13 year old then walking back to town and getting a 213 Mayne's bus back from Stevenson square as they weren't on strike. Worth it though as we battered them and went on to lift the cup in Feb.

Apart from that it was a great night. Two early goals and a cracking atmosphere. Took a mate from Uni along to waht was his first City game and he was hooked from then on. Sadly, we didn't know how bad the injury was at the time.

Buchan actually used to live a few doors down from where I live now. He was a very polished player and Bell never blamed him for the injury. He said he could see Buchan but took the wrong option when he could have avoided the tackle. He was quite upset that Buchan never came to visit him in hospital or apologise though.
Buchan wasn't the type of player many kids have been led to believe,total accident IMO thought he stood on the ball when i watched it later...

Great night apart from the injury, we absolutely stuffed them in that first half and could have ended up with 6 or 7 if we'd been a bit more ruthless in the 2nd half. Paddy Roche was fucking awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.