40 years ago today

was there as well great away day memories , reading that I wonder why he now hates us so much ? maybe on return from the world cup the club told him he was being sold ?
I’ve simply never got that vibe from him at all. I’ve also seen him write very fondly about City supporters. Think there were some issues with his wages being paid on time on a couple of occasions, but he got them in the end and got a big money move to Sampdoria, so he’d have no reason to hate us, and as far as I’m concerned, he doesn’t.

Ah yes, I remember it well, I took my soon to be wife to that game, and my fan belt went on the way home on the M6, just managed to get to Knutsford services and got the AA out. Using Tights does not work I tried it.
She gave up her tights to fix the car.
And ...?

Typical City, we sign a top class player and he spends half the season in the treatment room. Francis was great when he was fit, to the extent that we went top around Xmas that season after winning at Anfield and then beating Wolves at home with Francis scoring a sensational goal. After that it was all downhill, Francis was in and out of the team with niggly injuries and we only won a few more league games, ending up in mid-table.

Swales decided we couldn't afford his wages and sold him to Sampdoria after the World Cup. The following season showed we couldn't afford not to pay him as of course we got relegated.

Yes I remember it well also what a player such a shame we couldn't keep him at the club and build a team around him we just didn't have the money I think it was the first biggest away following I had seen.

Great trip to Stoke for the debut of a fantastic player. Think he played 26 of 40 league games plus a couple of cup ties even though some say he was always injured.

Fastest thing I’d ever seen.
It was also bloody freezing on the Stoke terracing that night.
Eh; it was a scorching hot Saturday afternoon. One of my most memorable away days, the place was rammed with blues.
Anyone remember who scored our other goal that day, WITHOUT GOOGLING IT?

If I remember correctly, it was Phil Boyer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.