40 years ago today

One of the best strikers I’ve ever seen, would make it into my all time best City squad, would be my first choice striker if it wasn’t for Sergio, incredible player !

Think you might need to take a zero off that. No player was getting paid £6,000 per week in 1981

John Barnes became the first £10k per week footballer in 1992 and there was an outcry then that wages were out of control
I think that the story was pinched from a transfer saga twenty years later. Swales was far too mean apart from anything else. The one I heard was about Peter Risdale signing Seth Johnson from Derby for Leeds with those sorts of number quoted.

£300,000 a year in 1981? Pull the other one.

Jeeze . Where did those 40 years go . Stood in the side paddock that day with the rest of the Wythy blues . Great day .

Great day out was stood behind the goal remember blues packing out our stand and down both sides. Francis was a class of above everyone else that day and throughout his time with us. Wasnt surprised when he was sold we were sinking fast at that time.

Fastest thing I’d ever seen.
It was also bloody freezing on the Stoke terracing that night.
Day before a dispute over a sacking at work voted to strike so I could attend match. Took my little brother who a few years later had grown into a young governor. Largest City away following I was ever in, second largest was Stoke away March 76. 25 then 65 now where the f**k did the time go .

Largest City away following I was ever in, second largest was Stoke away March 76. 25 then 65 now where the f**k did the time go .
Do you mean the FA Cup tie at Stoke in '76? I'd have said there were more Blues there than at Trev's debut, the big open terrace as it was then was rammed and we had some down the side as well. That and Leeds for the riot Cup-tie in '78 were probably similar in numbers, around 15,000 City.

Do you mean the FA Cup tie at Stoke in '76? I'd have said there were more Blues there than at Trev's debut, the big open terrace as it was then was rammed and we had some down the side as well. That and Leeds for the riot Cup-tie in '78 were probably similar in numbers, around 15,000 City.
No was the league game right after the league cup final, filled the open end and both side paddocks. The cup tie was 75 I think lost 1 0 to a late goal, good win in the 76 League game which I thought a fine revenge as a couple of Stokey mates had kept going on about the cup tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.