40 years ago

I was there (aged 8.3/4!) with my Dad, God rest his soul, who was a die-hard Rag i am afraid!! I have my uncle to thank for bringing me up the right wasy and supporting "Gods Own" club!!

Dont remember much of the day, i do remember the journey down to London taking forever in my Dad's old "Ford Pop" with a radio wedged on the dashboard and picking up stations as we went along (All crap!)

A few years later, i I do remember thinking how great it was supporting a team that won something every year, The Leage, the FA Cup, the European Cup Winners, The league cup and not forgetting the Charity shield (before it was played at Wembly!).......then i guess we hit the current dry spot :-) !!

Still CTID and beyond........ and so are both my daughters!

BufordUSABlue said:
I was there (aged 8.3/4!) with my Dad, God rest his soul, who was a die-hard Rag i am afraid!! I have my uncle to thank for bringing me up the right wasy and supporting "Gods Own" club!!

Dont remember much of the day, i do remember the journey down to London taking forever in my Dad's old "Ford Pop" with a radio wedged on the dashboard and picking up stations as we went along (All crap!)

A few years later, i I do remember thinking how great it was supporting a team that won something every year, The Leage, the FA Cup, the European Cup Winners, The league cup and not forgetting the Charity shield (before it was played at Wembly!).......then i guess we hit the current dry spot :-) !!

great memories.hopefully good times are round the corner

unsworthblue said:
BufordUSABlue said:

great memories.hopefully good times are round the corner

For the first time in what seems forevr i truly believe that your right Unsworth Blue......i really do and where am i living now.......yep the US of A for christs sake!! Still the trip there and back to Istanbul should be fun and the forthcoming Bernabau and San Siro ones are to be loked forward to :-) !!

I was 4 or 5 depending on the date of the game.

My old man went as did most of the family, brouht me back a rosette. Do you remember those things!

bornblueegg said:
I was 4 or 5 depending on the date of the game.

My old man went as did most of the family, brouht me back a rosette. Do you remember those things!

Sure do, my Gran pinned a home made one onto the sky blue jumper she knitted me for the final, i looked a right tinker she said :-) happy days and bringing back some great memories!! Oh and dont forget the rattle's as well, not the pouncy things you see nowadays, the great big wooden feckers that were noisy (and dangerous!) as feck when you swung em round and got some decent momentum going.......arm ached for days after the match i remember, it took me about 13 years to figure out why :-) !!

I was 12 so too young to go on my own (dad was a rag who years later went to a few City games with me)
What I remember most was the Semi v Everton. In the days before live tv I was playing Football in the street (remember kids doing that?) and my mates dad ran out shouting "Tommy Booth has scored for City" I duly despatched the ball through next doors window as a celebration!!!!

UNCLE MORT said:
I was there!!! Wish I'd kept the ticket stub & programme.

I was right behind the goal Neil Young scored into,coming straight towards me. Fortunately the net stopped it!

What a great memory. Got Neil's autograph in his autobiography only last year. Asked him about that goal......he said he knew it was going in as soon as he hit it. He also commented that there isn't enough shooting in the modern game. Nice friendly bloke. Wish we still had him on our left wing. He'd get 20 goals a season.

Top bloke. I'm only 20 but when I was about 10 i spent 2 years getting taught how to play football by him! Didn't really know much about him at the time but i'd shake his hand as much as possible if i met him again today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.