40 years ago

I was Seven and I remember riding my bike to watch the match at my Grandads in Black and White, all I remember was the Goal and that the commentator kept saying that David Nish was the youngest ever Captain in a Cup Final. How I remember this years later is anybody's guess.

Like the previous poster I also remember playing Football in the Street and my mum rushing out to tell me about Tommys winner in the Semi.

Years later,in a Radio Interview I heard Lineker ( who is 8 months older than me, I checked) tell the exact same story. Cycling to Grandads,watching in Black and White only it was my team that won. Also in the same interview Lineker describes the exact same events the following summer - two nil up against West Germany etc and you all know the rest. This time we both cycled home in tears.

I was 12 and went to Wembley with my Dad and my uncle. Seemed to take forever driving down to London then. Just remember being behind the goal when Neil Young's shot screamed past Peter Shilton. Fantastic memories!

Dad - thanks for bringing me up to support City.

i was there went to every home game, most away game and some reserve games,all the cup games and still couldnt get a ticket through the club was pissed off until i got one off a friend of a friend who worked at middlesborg

I was 12 and couldn't get a ticket but when I moved down here about three years later my new form teacher, who was involved with Essex schools football and cricket, said he went to the game. He couldn't believe it when the bloke next to him said after ten minutes of the game "I say this is good which team is which again!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.