40M Bid from Corinthians

Neil McNab said:
skillman said:
avoidconfusion said:
Really? After all that happened and him expressing clearly that he does not want to be here anymore? If for some reason he will stay because do not accept any offers, I expect him to be really shit next season.

He wanted to leave last summer and we asked him for one more season - the reason I think he got the captaincy, as a sweetener - and he still managed to be one of our players of the season and score 29 goals. He will always give 100% on the pitch no matter what the situation is off it.

We need to get over the things he has said in the press because he's one of the best players in the world, THE best player City have had at the club in recent times. Plus, I personally think that without his dickhead of an agent, none of this drama would be happening.

One thing I will say though is that he should be stripped of the captaincy.
So when he got fat and stopped scoring last season that was him giving 100% was it?
Very selective memory by some on Tevez, he's not fantastic every game he plays, moves often break down due to his selfish nature. I'd rate Tevez as probably our 5th best player in the squad at present, won't be missed!
his goals will be missed

And so the wait goes on...

Whenever I think of these transfer negotiations, I imagine old men fussing over every word of every line of every 300 page contract, because they are so brutally slow!

Mancini has played a blinder here.

He dropped the bombshell on the possible swap with Inter & Eto'o when Tevez was keeping up the pretence of wanting to stay, forcing Tevez to go public on wanting away.

Kia then touts around the Corinthians 'bid'. It's got his slime all over it. Corinthians cn't make their mind up whether they've actually bid or not, but seem able to comment on a supposed bid from Juve - which no-one else seems to know about.

Roberto then says, yes, we've agreed to sell him to Corinthians. Brilliant! Kia's got nowhere to go with this sham of a bid.
It forces Kia into a corner, & also forces the hand of other European parties (Malaga, Inter, Real?)

He's a media genius!

jimbo101 said:
Mancini has played a blinder here.

He dropped the bombshell on the possible swap with Inter & Eto'o when Tevez was keeping up the pretence of wanting to stay, forcing Tevez to go public on wanting away.

Kia then touts around the Corinthians 'bid'. It's got his slime all over it. Corinthians cn't make their mind up whether they've actually bid or not, but seem able to comment on a supposed bid from Juve - which no-one else seems to know about.

Roberto then says, yes, we've agreed to sell him to Corinthians. Brilliant! Kia's got nowhere to go with this sham of a bid.
It forces Kia into a corner, & also forces the hand of other European parties (Malaga, Inter, Real?)

He's a media genius!

Exactly the way I see it as well mate.

Everyone just needs to chill and let it all play out, whatever happens we will be stronger come August.

eastlands oasis said:
bluegorton said:
r.soleofsalford said:
good point. just maybe it was a window corinthians didnt really want
I'm sure TH mentioned the Corinthians' bid being just a ploy to smoke out any European suitors. That would make sense, in that it could just rumble on with no input required from Tevez, as he'd know it's a BS bid, leaving him to focus on the Copa. Missing that penalty meant all parties had to up their game to continue the charade. Just a thought.

is this Area 51???

NO IT IS NOT!! Now move along this is a restricted zone, for no reason.

Good, if brief, article shedding a bit more light on how Corinthians could afford Tevez. Judging from the comment about the strength of the real, my guess is that Corinthians are partly banking on Tevez being sold in a couple of years before the currency weakens and they are financially crippled by his wages, which atm it seems they could afford to pay

http://andrewdownie.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/the-real-reason-corinthians-can-afford-tevez/

Phil McNulty
As I understand it only requested change to Corinthians bid accepted by Man City is minor & doesn't relate to value of deal. On we go.

Andouble said:
Phil McNulty
As I understand it only requested change to Corinthians bid accepted by Man City is minor & doesn't relate to value of deal. On we go.

its been accepted since yday,obv just needed to be ironed out

Manchester City news from Stuart Brennan
No great surprise that Corinthians have backed off. Their offer was structured so that the money came in on a drip feed

Just flicked over to ssn after getting a bit bored with the saga. Earlier today it was Corinthians deny bid, now its, tevez deal not finalised. Who is their source, Forrest Gump ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.