40M Bid from Corinthians

Mancio said:
BobKowalski said:
jimbo101 said:
Banks wont give a guarantee unless it's backed up by some serious collateral.
For 40mill that would be some serious real estate, or a cross company guarantee to a rich parent company.

I don't belive these chancers have any of that, so the bank would probably be looking at a charge over future TV money. No wonder they're reluctant. Banks dont like taking on risk.

No they don't. Loans like this (actually most loans) are laid off either as a book or individually which would be the case here I imagine. Its not just that you have to get a bank or banks to issue guarantees on this deal but the bank(s) themselves will look to lay the off the bulk of the risk keeping say only 10% for their books. This will take time and is the main reason why I was sceptical from the off.

What I didn't appreciate is that City do seem keener than Tevez himself to pack him off to Brazil and if both parties are keen to make a deal happen they will usually find a way...

24 hours and we will know one way or the other

why did you doubted the City willingness to sell tevez ?

he want out

the manager and the board dont want see him anymore not even in a pic

nobody offered for him in europe

obviusly City are desperate to pack him off

Probably because I wasn't paying attention and was slow to see just how keen City are to get rid...

I catch up fast though :)

Marvin said:
http://espn.estadao.com.br/futebol/...GE+GARANTIAS+CORINTHIANS+DIZ+QUE+NAO+HA+TEMPO
Best place for news is Duncan Castles Twitter timeline. Suggestion there is that Corinthians may ask Brazil FA to extend the deadline

The novel involving Corinthians, Carlos Tevez and Manchester City won another chapter late on Tuesday. According to a source ESPN.com.br found with the direction of Manchester City, the English club relented and agreed to receive next year just to pay the first installment, worth 10 million euros. Now, the City considers "not negotiable" the receipt of bank guarantees by the Corinthians, who would pay a total of 40 million euros for Tevez, plus another 4 million according to the performance of Argentina.

The club Sao Paulo, however, claims that Manchester City "never pushed" to receive bank guarantees. "If they say that the deal did not go for it, you do not want to sell," said a source corintiana. This same source said it was "impossible" to get the guarantees in two or three days.

On Tuesday morning, the leaders of the Corinthians gave pessimistic statements about the arrival of Tevez, as Manchester City had asked to pay the first installment immediately. However, the Corinthians president Andres Sanchez pressed, said he would not have that money now and not hire more the player if the City stayed unmoved.

He hoped that the English club feared the consequences of, if not making the sale of Tevez now, to stay in the group with a player who is unhappy and no market (due to high values ​​and the crisis in Europe). Manchester City knows that the player wants to leave and that can hardly among the European clubs, collect the 50 million originally intended.

In short, the City has already accepted the idea of ​​running out of Tevez, accept the value and terms. Just want to confirm the receipt guarantees of 40 (or 44) million.

The Corinthians would gain time to pay the first part of the purchase, what will happen in May 2012 when they receive money from the Globo broadcast rights to the Championship next year. But the club claims that such guarantees can not the bank before closing the window for the registration of players, what will happen tomorrow.

The Corinthians also says that you have everything right with Carlos Tevez, but an alleged debt of EUR 7 million club with the player, requires that the City is ignored by Tevez, it would be a hindrance to business. The novel continues. See you tomorrow.

Mancio said:

he want out

I'm wondering if part of that desperation is caused by toxicity in the market for Tevez having Kia J attached to him. This genuinely may be the best deal we can get for him.

I don't think City are desperate to sell. I think City are going through the motions to show Tevez that they are interested in getting him closer to his family. City want to be in a position that if he goes far enough but if he stays that's cool too. IMO at least.

I'm not too bothered if he stays and plays or goes for a decent price.

Just once he's not staying and moaning. (maybe a little moan every so often - we're all entitiled to a little moan, aren't we?)

shroom said:
Mancio said:

he want out

I'm wondering if part of that desperation is caused by toxicity in the market for Tevez having Kia J attached to him. This genuinely may be the best deal we can get for him.

Don't agree. And more to the point, I don't think City do either if I'm honest.

Corinthians may be desperate but we aren't - why would we be?

The financial side of things isn't making City stall on any other target, simply because - and past experience proves this - as the transfer window closes for the rest of the world (i.e. Europe, where the real money is), all sorts of offers come flooding in.

I can honestly see Cooky waiting until the last few weeks of the window before determining the best offer - and this brazilian one definitely won't be the best (as far as City are concerned).

Ok Tevez will like the idea of S America, but cold hard facts will override his personal ambition. So what if we sell him to a potential european rival. We want what he is worth, simple as that.

And I firmly believe there will be several other clubs, come the last few weeks of the window, who will be on bended knee for Tevez. Some will already have mentioned interest, but that interest will turn into a big offer, when said clubs have been unable to secure a marquee signing. Remember, there are plenty of potential suitors for Tevez who, due to their own internal situation, will NEED a boost to their portfolio.

Stay strong City, is what I say.

This is bullshit. They don't have the money this was a ruse to flushout interest from inter and real Madrid.

He will end up staying in Europe IMO.

Back to the drawing board then

http://espn.estadao.com.br/futebol/...HIANS+DESISTE+OFICIALMENTE+DE+CONTRATAR+TEVEZ

Corinthians announced late on Tuesday he quit hiring Argentine Carlos Tevez. In a statement, the club said there was no longer able to carry out the negotiation. On Tuesday, the ESPN.com.br had anticipated that the club would not have time to give bank guarantees required by Manchester City.

The English club received the first proposal by Tevez a week ago. After seven days of negotiation, the City accepted the offer of 40 million euros for Tevez, plus another 4 million according to the performance of Argentina.

Manchester City have agreed that the Corinthians even pay the first installment of the agreement in 2012. However, the English club asked for bank guarantees for the Brazilian team. As needed to provide the guarantees until the evening of Wednesday, the team of Park St. George gave up close the deal within the current window.

Read the official statement of the Corinthians:

The board of Sport Club Corinthians Paulista hereby officially to communicate the impossibility of hiring the Argentine striker Carlos Tevez.

While acknowledging the efforts of Manchester City and all involved in the negotiation, there is more time for the transfer to be achieved, given that the window to the players from abroad closes on Wednesday, 20th July.

Aware of the huge crowd dream of having a new striker as a player of Corinthians, the board looks forward to Tevez in the near future.

Google translate is very good, its very useful.
---
i dont think that bid was off. A pink bird told me that that note that they gave up Tevez is fake. It's just a strategy to pressure City to reduce the contractual requirements. For me, the only important problem is the amount and term of payment.

If Corinthians dont have time to give bank guarantees on Wednesday, we must loan the player and save time for to the contractual requirements.

in 2 years, Tevez will want to close his children again and will fuck off his club again.

---

Aguero waits a Madrid bid???

bro, if we do not change his mind, he may want to return to Madrid every year and we, fans, we suffer with all the speculation around it.

Still, Aguero is the best option for City. I watched a few games of the Copa America and I can tell you that Aguero was best of them, was better than Messi, Neymar (Brazil), Falcao (Porto) and his boyfriend Forlan hehehe

Aguero started as a backup but took the place of Tevez and dont disappoint the fans. Tevez said something bout leaving City, but I couldn't understand what he said.

---

off: this forum have emoticons?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.