40M Bid from Corinthians

niall_mcfc said:
dref619 said:
niall_mcfc said:
I hope your kidding. Kaka is past it and would be a waste of wages. Also where would would he fit in? If Nasri or Sneijder joins as tolmie said then 1 of Nasri, Sneijder, Kaka or Silva will miss out every game as they all cant play. If we get Aguero then i wouldnt take any swap deal off them. The only player i'd take would be Alonso but there is no chance they will let him go.

the argument that kaka is past it is a load of tosh. most people base it on the arguement that he was poor in el classicos last year, but most players from madrid were. there were times last year that he looked dangerous for madrid and the player of old. i.e the 6 3 against valencia where he absolutely ran the show.

and i don't think we'll see nasri or sneijder at city. nasri wants to be here , but we won't pry him from arsenal in my opinion, and sneijder wont leave inter

Bullshit mate. Kaka played well in a handful of games last season, the other times he was non existent or he was injured. When he was at Milan he had 1 standout season where everybody raved about him but since then hes not performed consistently at the top level. Also with his injuries he has lost the pace he had and the mobility which would be vital in the premiership.

I'll leave it at that because theres no chance he'll end up here so no need to carry on talking about something that is never going to happen.

yeah we'll agree to disagree on the lad , cause as you rightly say, he probably won't end up here

I put Kaka's name in there as I couldn't think of anyone other in that team which would be plausible for such a swap.
I'd rather have Mata than Kaka, but I don't think a Ade-for-Mata deal would interest Valencia, nor Ade.

I'd have Kaka. Once the best player in the world, you can lose pace but you can't lose talent.

skillman said:
I'd have Kaka. Once the best player in the world, you can lose pace but you can't lose talent.

The technical ability is still there, that's true, but Kaka's burst of pace to drive the team forward was his trademark. With that gone he'll be a different player and possibly not as effective.

avoidconfusion said:
I Kak on Kaka, he had the chance to come here, he didn't want to. Fuck him.

no self respecting world class player would have came to city at that time, and thats a fact, we offered him nothing but money

SilvaLining said:
skillman said:

The technical ability is still there, that's true, but Kaka's burst of pace to drive the team forward was his trademark. With that gone he'll be a different player and possibly not as effective.

Fair point but some could argue that if you have that technical ability then you don't need pace. I seem like a knob here but it's true.

Look at Zidane, he hardly had pace to start with but when he started getting older, he was still just as effective even without the pace.

I'm not comparing Kaka to Zidane btw, just an example.

It's different if you once had pace though as if it underpinned your game and you suddenly lost it, especially at the age of 28/29 like Kaka is, it's more difficult to adapt. The likes of Zidane as you rightly say never had it, so their entire game since starting playing was based on not needing it. Think about the players that were rapid then got injured and went shit. Owen is the immediate example that springs to mine.

SilvaLining said:
It's different if you once had pace though as if it underpinned your game and you suddenly lost it, especially at the age of 28/29 like Kaka is, it's more difficult to adapt. The likes of Zidane as you rightly say never had it, so their entire game since starting playing was based on not needing it. Think about the players that were rapid then got injured and went shit. Owen is the immediate example that springs to mine.

See I didn't want to mention this guy but Giggs. He had pace, he has hardly got it any more (although Kaka probably still has more) yet he is still effective whenever he plays for the Scum.

Fair point, but he plays a completely different role to one he did when he had pace, he's not the flying winger he was. Kaka has been played in practically the same position and asked to perform a similar role and the evidence is he's just not as effective as he once was in that position. For what it's worth I would have Kaka at City as we have a fast attack as it is, so if he could go to being a Riquelme-esque playmaker who rarely drives forward I think it would give City an good alternative if we need to break defensive sides down. But if he couldn't adapt to this role and/or was expected to make driving runs, then it would be pointless IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.