#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not his day today and lucky to stay in as long as he did.
But they were shit scared of him even off form.
Wish him and Grealish mixed it up every 5min or so. Him running on the left against Azpil could have finished it earlier

Last edited:
Led the press really well and although quality wise it wasn’t his best game he didn’t give their back line a moment’s peace.

That time he got the ball in a yard of space, turned and was gone in an instant leaving 2 or 3 defenders trailing in his wake was reminiscent of Diego or Messi - worth the admission fee alone

Led the press really well and although quality wise it wasn’t his best game he didn’t give their back line a moment’s peace.

That time he got the ball in a yard of space, turned and was gone in an instant leaving 2 or 3 defenders trailing in his wake was reminiscent of Diego or Messi - worth the admission fee alone

That's how I saw it. Ok, he didn't make the biggest impact on the game but that was never gonna be easy with the way Chelsea played so deep defensively, and I still think he was very important to the team in the way he pressed. did a jo for the team , and should arguably be commended more for it

If we are not careful he is going to end up like Bernardo prior to this season. Push and pulled into different positions because he does not moan and can excel anywhere on the pitch. He needs a settled position. Wide left for me at this moment in time.

I don’t want to see him running about the place in a false 9. He does not impact the game to the high level reached in certain positions. However, with Jack settling in I can’t see it changing this season.

Pep has shown a few times that he has a lot of trust in Foden to drop him into this false 9 position and Foden doesn't really have to have an impact on the game for it to be correct. He occupied a defender or two at all times even if he never touched the ball. I bet Pep was very happy with his performance.

I think it's fair to say his work off the ball was far more impressive than his work on the ball at the weekend.

I still think being exposed to multiple positions at a young age such as Foden's, can be beneficial for him in the long run. May allow him to better understand the tactical demands for players in other positions (when/where to deliver the ball, timing of runs... etc.).

Earlier on, Pep praised Messi for not just being a striker, he is a 9, 10, 11 etc. I think the way he sees Bernardo and Foden as players with similar profiles and possibly, footballing intelligence to Messi's.

Certainly I would love to see Foden eventually settle on a consistent position, but I think learning different positions now can do more good than harm.

Not his best game but he kept going. Needs space to run at players so wing or playing deeper suits him. Thought him & Grealish could of swapped against Chelsea & would of been more affective for both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.