#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious to see what his wages will be like on his next renewal. After winning YPOTY and being such a big part of the team last year, he will probably get the biggest raise the club has given since the takeover. Which would be completely deserved. I just hope the club doesn't try to low-ball him.

Foden is going to be awesome for us next year. This guy is class. He had a dip in form in the Euros and thus wasn't selected to start in some of the games. But have patience - Foden has awesome talent. And he's only going to get better.

He had a dip in form in the Euros

Did he though? From my perspective what I saw was a player who started two games where our coward of a manager had the team under strict instructions never to attack. Then when the Czech Republic game came along Southgate, with no other choice, finally gave his players license to go forward and everyone assumed it was in some way Saka's decision.

I thought he did exactly as well at the Euros as a creative winger playing in one of the world's most negative systems could have been expected to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.