#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t say this lightly or without basis. I think Foden is going to retire as one of ours, and England’s best players ever. I think he will eclipse what David Silva did here.

He is exceptional. A one off. And he’s ours.

I think something that's encouraging is that he's getting more involved with general play now, if these first few appearances of the season are anything to go by.

Also, I've noticed that he has that Tevez like quality of being a bit of a physical nuisance despite his rather small stature. Look out for it the next time we hit a clearance.

I'm sure they have worked with him on body strength.

Got to be some of Phil’s m8s on here.

pass a message on to him.

smash Utd & ask Bernie to put 3 Utd players on their arses as we need a good gif

cheers
:-)

I think something that's encouraging is that he's getting more involved with general play now, if these first few appearances of the season are anything to go by.

Also, I've noticed that he has that Tevez like quality of being a bit of a physical nuisance despite his rather small stature. Look out for it the next time we hit a clearance.

Yeah he's very clever with his body positioning to exert maximum influence despite his size. Leaning in at just the right angle when a defender is going up for a header, for example. Just never makes it easy for his opponent. Gabby is exactly the same

For me, his finishing isn't the best. If he improves his finishing, he'll score as many goals as lampard has.

He's already off to a much better start than Lampard in terms of goalscoring. Not that surprising given Lampard didn't join Chelsea until he turned 23 but it wasn't until his third season there that he started hitting double figures consistently in the league.

The only thing I'd say is that Lampard had far more longevity at the top level than most but then Phil looks like he might spend a while playing a lot further forward.

It's great seeing people put these expectations on him at this stage of his career and they still feel entirely realistic.

He's already off to a much better start than Lampard in terms of goalscoring. Not that surprising given Lampard didn't join Chelsea until he turned 23 but it wasn't until his third season there that he started hitting double figures consistently in the league.

The only thing I'd say is that Lampard had far more longevity at the top level than most but then Phil looks like he might spend a while playing a lot further forward.

It's great seeing people put these expectations on him at this stage of his career and they still feel entirely realistic.

Foden would everyone a favour if he became as reliable a penalty-taker as Lampard was too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.