#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly matters, you were definitely talking to me by the time you started being a dick.

What's that got to do with anything?

What's your point? I said he was poor on Saturday. I even offered my theory as to why he was poor. You've somehow read that as "Foden is shit, we should sell him" which is laughably oversensitive.
Fantasist, you ignore what I have said in clear English and then invent what you believe I meant. End of.

Said a while back, he's our best option at false 9 but it's nowhere near his best position. He's far far too good to be doing a role for the side, he has to play in his best position, the team benefits more with a firing foden and currently his best position is on the left.

I’d prefer him LW and Grealish CF if those are the spots available to them.

That being said I think Peo chooses Foden because of his energy in the center allowing him to cover more distance.

Grealish looks better centrally to me also when he can drop deep and link up and find Foden running through.

Foden misplaces passes and misses a chance: it's because he isn't a false 9!

No, it's because he wasn't at his best. He will play as a false 9 again and will be brilliant.

Foden misplaces passes and misses a chance: it's because he isn't a false 9!

No, it's because he wasn't at his best. He will play as a false 9 again and will be brilliant.
It’s a player as talented as him having to spend more time chasing the ball than being on it and spending a lot of time playing with his back to goal that I don’t like. Let Jesus do that and get Phil on the ball more making magic happen.

It’s a player as talented as him having to spend more time chasing the ball than being on it and spending a lot of time playing with his back to goal that I don’t like. Let Jesus do that and get Phil on the ball more making magic happen.

I see, but I'm happy to leave it to Pep to decide what's best for the team and for Phil's further development. Some people are a bit anxious, because they still think they may know better than Pep what's best for Phil and City. Relax and enjoy the ride.

My prediction is that Phil will be brilliant (in that role) in the 2nd half of the season.

I see, but I'm happy to leave it to Pep to decide what's best for the team and for Phil's further development. Some people are a bit anxious, because they still think they may know better than Pep what's best for Phil and City. Relax and enjoy the ride.

My prediction is that Phil will be brilliant (in that role) in the 2nd half of the season.
Not being funny mate but nobody is disputing how great Pep is etc. Doesn’t mean we can’t express an opinion on where a player is at his best or debate it on here without the Pep knows best talk.

I’m pretty chilled about it as I think we’ll piss the league and in plenty of big games he’ll play on the left. I tend to think he plays well as a false 9 despite playing there because he’s so good. Also against the lesser teams he gets to drop off more but against the likes of Chelsea it’s more sacrifice himself to press like mad for the team. Which obviously someone needs to do at times.

Anyway, as you say hopefully he has a brilliant second half of the season. In many ways this season hasn’t properly got started for him yet due to a lot of little injuries etc. With a bit of luck he could be on fire at the business end of it for the 2 cups we could add to the league title.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.