#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole season has been Foden sacrificing a season of his development to cover for the Man City board's incomptence in not signing a striker. He was crap today, as was everyone else. I don't think it's been a particularly great year for Phil but I also don't really think its his fault.

Worst performance of his career and its not even close. Invisible. Related to his knock on Wednesday?

Like Sterling, he’s a good player when he has our best players around him, but today, despite the experience he’s got at the top level (which is a hell of a lot more than Jack Grealish who I’ve criticised in his thread but he contributed a hell of a lot more than Foden!) he just went missing.

He must have played in six/seven times the amount of big games than Grealish has in his career yet played like he’d never played in a big game yesterday.

He’s old enough and experienced enough now to step up when the likes of de Bruyne Gundogan Dias and Rodri aren’t there as a leader of this team. John Terry was captain of Chelsea’s best ever side at 21. There’s no excuses about age here, he just needs to step up and be counted. It’s no good only doing it when certain other players are there.

Like Sterling, he’s a good player when he has our best players around him, but today, despite the experience he’s got at the top level (which is a hell of a lot more than Jack Grealish who I’ve criticised in his thread but he contributed a hell of a lot more than Foden!) he just went missing.

He must have played in six/seven times the amount of big games than Grealish has in his career yet played like he’d never played in a big game yesterday.

He’s old enough and experienced enough now to step up when the likes of de Bruyne Gundogan Dias and Rodri aren’t there as a leader of this team. John Terry was captain of Chelsea’s best ever side at 21. There’s no excuses about age here, he just needs to step up and be counted. It’s no good only doing it when certain other players are there.

Agree But after Wednesday game feel he needed a rest mentally, he worked hard but didn’t have that spark he usually has.

Yep, but Phil's brilliance and effort against those Atletico Madrid fuckers - made the difference in the end..

I think it's like transitional season for Phil.. Last season it was the first time we saw how good he is and established himself as a first-team regular.

This season he delivers here and there, but lacks stability of KDB for example or other world-class player, but still he is good. Plus, let's not forget that Pep frequently changes his position and last season - he always played as LW. Majority of the times he is played False9 and that's not easy, everyone struggles there - whoever you play, except maybe KDB and GJ, everyone is shite there.

But even yesterday, he made that great pass to Mahrez for the second goal..

Yesterday Pep played 4-4-2 system, against Liverpool's well-rested 4-3-3 with Tiago-Fabinho-Keita trio..
That made it even difficult to find Phil..

If Grealish had played deeper, maybe he would have connected with Phil better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.