47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now or never for Pep to stick to his word of Phil eventually playing centrally because he's not going to get that wing spot over Saka. I'm taking Phil ten times out of ten over Saka but the reality is Saka has taken his opportunities far more often with England. Although the fact that Southgate is willing to give TAA opportunities centrally over Phil is infuriating, to say the least. Phil did FAR more than TAA has these past two matches while collecting a MOTM versus an albeit equally awful team in Andorra playing centrally and for whatever reason was never given that opportunity again IIRC.

Pep has done FAR more good than bad for Foden's development but I have to say my biggest gripe has been not playing him as a midfielder at least sometimes which has now subsequently followed him into the national team.

Last edited:
Can’t wait for foden to show these arsenal fans how big of a difference there is between Foden and Saka

It's now or never for Pep to stick to his word of Phil eventually playing centrally because he's not going to get that wing spot over Saka. I'm taking Phil ten times out of ten over Saka but the reality is Saka has taken his opportunities far more often with England. Although the fact that Southgate is willing to give TAA opportunities centrally over Phil is infuriating, to say the least. Phil did FAR more than TAA has these past two matches while collecting a MOTM versus an albeit equally awful team in Andorra playing centrally and for whatever reason was never given that opportunity again IIRC.

Pep has done FAR more good than bad for Foden's development but I have to say my biggest gripe has been not playing him as a midfielder at least sometimes which has now subsequently followed him into the national team.

He played there in the CL final so I think it's safe to say we'll see him there more next season.

As for England, Southgate is completely unaware of the talent he has. He plays Maguire despite him never playing for his club but saying he needs players who are playing regularly and in form. He picks Trent in midfield despite him playing there from RB for Liverpool and Southgate saying he doesn't pick players in positions they don't play for their clubs. To ignore a guy who played in the 10 role in the CL final, and played a huge part in our winning goal is a joke quite frankly.

Spain and Germany have had success at national level whilst Pep was at Barca and then Bayern. All Southgate has to do it pick the English players at City and build around them. But he's a joke. It's mental to have someone with the talent of Phil sat on the bench. He's walk into any other national team out there, because they'd recognise how special he was.

Our players are different level. You can see it when they demand the ball with three defenders around them. But their England colleagues from other clubs don't give them the ball because they're still coached by dinosaurs.

Phil can't take that position from Saka. He has to play in a central position.

Foden has been one of the most exciting talents of his generation since he broke through , all the while playing out of position on the wings to get himself into the side

He will have at least two months playing in the De Bruyne role at the start of the season , his favoured position

I’m going to make a bold prediction here, this kid will prove to be better than KDB when he’s finished his career with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.