47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Pep probably planned to sub him for Grealish after an hour anyway, but not squaring the ball accelerated that a bit. A 15 minute penalty.

Seems like Pep probably planned to sub him for Grealish after an hour anyway, but not squaring the ball accelerated that a bit. A 15 minute penalty.
no he also very clearly insinuated that Foden did not make the correct movements that he planed with him pre-game. Also this is the exact reason pep will play Grealish ahead of Foden in midfield as long as KDB is here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that Grealish/Mahrez/Foden switch at half time fairly regularly this season. Keeps all three of them ticking over and fresh and happy. I'd be flabbergasted if it was a punishment sub. He's entitled to take on the shot, and if he misses he can get a bollocking from the other player. All part of the game, you don't get to play for City without having a bit of an ego.

Pep's line on the substitution...

May have been partially about not passing that time, but seems to have been a wider issue that had him wanting Jack on the pitch.

I really think it can only be good for Foden if Grealish and Mahrez are in form and he has to properly compete with them for his place in the team. It's part of his maturing process.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if we see that Grealish/Mahrez/Foden switch at half time fairly regularly this season. Keeps all three of them ticking over and fresh and happy. I'd be flabbergasted if it was a punishment sub. He's entitled to take on the shot, and if he misses he can get a bollocking from the other player. All part of the game, you don't get to play for City without having a bit of an ego.
I don't believe being regularly subbed at half time would keep any of them happy

Pep's line on the substitution...

May have been partially about not passing that time, but seems to have been a wider issue that had him wanting Jack on the pitch.

I really think it can only be good for Foden if Grealish and Mahrez are in form and he has to properly compete with them for his place in the team. It's part of his maturing process.

Tbh that last line in the second tweet reads like he was subbed cos he didn't pass ha. Not arsed for what its worth, but it does read that way.

'but he is young and sometimes has to understand what to do...'

Yeah, seems like an obvious reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.