47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh that last line in the second tweet reads like he was subbed cos he didn't pass ha. Not arsed for what its worth, but it does read that way.

'but he is young and sometimes has to understand what to do...'

Yeah, seems like an obvious reference.
Young player put in his place by his manager, not sure what the issue is, just another day he learns more about the game.

In the MOTD interview, Pep didn't seem too bothered about the miss. Just mentioned the fact that Foden probably didn't see him, and it's something he'll need to familiarise himself with now that we're not playing with a false 9.

I think some of you are looking for an issue that wasn't really there. He didn't play particularly well in the first half as a whole. I'd imagine that's more a reason for being subbed than a single errant shot.

Young player put in his place by his manager, not sure what the issue is, just another day he learns more about the game.

He clearly holds really high standards of Phil and that's a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if he did haul him off for ignoring the pass. It's not like our other players haven't done exactly the same thing before but Foden's still young enough to have bad habits beaten out of him.

People are making a bit too much out of it but I don't think there was much to complain about on Saturday so not entirely unexpected.

Tbh that last line in the second tweet reads like he was subbed cos he didn't pass ha. Not arsed for what its worth, but it does read that way.

'but he is young and sometimes has to understand what to do...'

Yeah, seems like an obvious reference.
Pretty fucking ironic mentioning Mahrez as the player who finds the right pass when he’s been guilty of being a greedy **** far more times than Foden in similar situations.

The deal City fans are making over this is a joke. It’s embarrassing to read Foden being demonised for one small action in a 4-0 win.

Miserable cunts.

He clearly holds really high standards of Phil and that's a good thing. Wouldn't be surprised if he did haul him off for ignoring the pass. It's not like our other players haven't done exactly the same thing before but Foden's still young enough to have bad habits beaten out of him.

People are making a bit too much out of it but I don't think there was much to complain about on Saturday so not entirely unexpected.
People saying it doesn't matter when you beat Bournemouth 4-0, for me that's the wrong attitude, it does matter.

Good habits are hard to come by, the next time he get's into that position could be the semi final of the Champions League with the game on a knife edge at 0-0, and next time he will be more sure to give the pass, IF, another player is in a better position to score.

Pep is the greatest manager in our history for a reason, the ultimate perfectionist, always looking to improve.

Lol. I'd rather have the 'wrong attutude' if the right one is being a robotic bore.

I'm sure Pep will forgive him.

Forgive me if im wrong, but i didn't hear phils "one of our own" chant after he scored?... Maybe some were still frustrated with the miss idk. Such a special player that deserves as much praise around the ground as ohhh KDB does after he scores.

I think it depends on how Pep handles it going forward with Haaland. Prior to Haaland and often playing a False 9, that shot would be expected since it’s likely no one would have made the run Haaland did. It’s a learning process in my opinion.

As for Mahrez on particular yesterday, I was very impressed with his decision-making which I’ve not always been. Foden will catch on quickly, I think.
Pep said pretty much the exact same in an interview. He said with the false 9 you couldnt count on the support, but now the players must trust that Haaland will be there - cos he will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.