47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
no he also very clearly insinuated that Foden did not make the correct movements that he planed with him pre-game. Also this is the exact reason pep will play Grealish ahead of Foden in midfield as long as KDB is here.
I'd be surprised if thats right. Phil was clean through twice in one half through superbly timed runs. Grealish is never in that position. I could be wrong as who knows what Pep thinks but I'd prefer 2 one on ones than retained possession

Forgive me if im wrong, but i didn't hear phils "one of our own" chant after he scored?... Maybe some were still frustrated with the miss idk. Such a special player that deserves as much praise around the ground as ohhh KDB does after he scores.
Don't think it's that deep mate. It's probs more to it being a scrappy goal and our third of the game, and the 'one of our own' song is shit, whereas singing Kev's is a pleasure

I'd be surprised if thats right. Phil was clean through twice in one half through superbly timed runs. Grealish is never in that position. I could be wrong as who knows what Pep thinks but I'd prefer 2 one on ones than retained possession
I think Pep likes them both for different reasons.

In 30+ degree heat, in the blazing sunshine, early in the season at a point where not everyone in the squad is 100% match fit, when you're 3-0 up against a Bournemouth side that don't look anywhere near a comeback, your priority going into the second half shouldn't be about how many one-on-ones can be created.

Your priority should be retaining the lead and managing the game with the least energy expended as is possible while tiring out the opponent to even further reduce their ability to come back. Yes, if chances occur, try to take them. But keep the ball, manoeuvre the opposition around, stay focused and professional and don't wear the team out unnecessarily.

I think at their current points in their careers, Jack's more suited to delivering that plan than Phil is. And it's not like Jack doesn't create chances, so it's hardly a defensive move that reduces creativity or represents shutting up shop.

Making that change enabled Pep to field the right personnel to fit the change of plan, give Phil a little rest given the challenging conditions and his lack of pre-season, and give Jack a boost of confidence by giving him game-time as a reward for his recent performances.

Maybe he also used it to lightly make a point to Phil about decision-making. But I'm not convinced that was the main thing in his mind, and even if it was I think it will have been much less of a deal than many are thinking.

I wonder for how long he gonna be „too young“ at this point its getting repetitive.

I wonder for how long he gonna be „too young“ at this point its getting repetitive.
Who says he's too young? He's fucking quality unlike yourself who posts shite after shite after shite. Fuck off.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see that Grealish/Mahrez/Foden switch at half time fairly regularly this season. Keeps all three of them ticking over and fresh and happy. I'd be flabbergasted if it was a punishment sub. He's entitled to take on the shot, and if he misses he can get a bollocking from the other player. All part of the game, you don't get to play for City without having a bit of an ego.
Nope. The Pep mantra is,from his very own mouth
If you have the ball in the 6 yard box with the keeper facing you,but have a team mate standing unmarked alongside.....pass the ball to team mate so he can roll it into the net.( how many goals did Nolitto and Sterling get in this manner)

I,m Fodens biggest fan,and I have always,personally belived in have a shot if you can...but Pep sees things differently....

He is the manager.
Follow his instructions ..basically...

Relax guys, he's gonna be the best player in the world in a few years.

Yes even better than Haaland... scary thought.

If you think Grealish is never in that position, why do half the forum criticise him for not doing the right thing when he is clean through? There is a blinkered view of players on here: forum favourites and the scapegoats - I wish that would change - we are champions and top of the league!

We are blessed to have both players.

Nope. The Pep mantra is,from his very own mouth
If you have the ball in the 6 yard box with the keeper facing you,but have a team mate standing unmarked alongside.....pass the ball to team mate so he can roll it into the net.( how many goals did Nolitto and Sterling get in this manner)

I,m Fodens biggest fan,and I have always,personally belived in have a shot if you can...but Pep sees things differently....

He is the manager.
Follow his instructions ..basically...
Obviously, but I don't believe for one second he's dragging players off at half time as punishment for that.

Who says he's too young? He's fucking quality unlike yourself who posts shite after shite after shite. Fuck off.
Shut up. Someone mentioned it on another page. We get it you are the security man here. While Top Talents like Musiala and others are playing all the time some people here still think that „ he‘s too young and has to learn „ if u have a problem u can block me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.