47 | Phil Foden - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a summer in the gym would give him the confidence to back himself in those situations. Have you seen Joe Hodge now? He’s a little tank, and can therefore hold his own in senior football despite his naturally smaller stature.

Joe Hodge was always far more aggressive in his approach,he was like a Jack Russel in the EDS with his short stocky frame,so if he has added a few pounds now....i can imagine he is quite the little powerhouse.

Foden by comparison is far more skillful,but he just doesn't have that natural leadership or bite,and its holding his game back IMO.

Stylistically wise, Foden is my favourite player. There's something very special about him. But he has stagnated a bit over the last 18 months, with some exceptions here and there. He has it in him to be a truly magical player. Very much hope he will continue to blossom into a great player and won't settle at his current level, which is good, but not that good really.

We need to stop comparing people to Silva. He was absolutely unique in terms of touch, vision and spatial awareness. A lot of the time he didn't need strength because people couldn't get near him. Added to that, he was actually incredibly tough and strong

People saw a short guy and presumed he was weak.....lol.

He had incredibly powerful legs and an awesome centre of gravity,he also took no shit.

Comparing him and Foden is chalk and cheese.

People need to chill out with the kid ,in time he’s KDBs natural heir

he’s only 22 and progression isn’t linear

I don't think anyone has been overly harsh/critical?

People are commenting on his current progress and the shortcomings that may,or may not,be holding him back.

He's nearly 23....that should be the age he starts to genuinely make his mark.

I don't think anyone has been overly harsh/critical?

People are commenting on his current progress and the shortcomings that may,or may not,be holding him back.

He's nearly 23....that should be the age he starts to genuinely make his mark.
Silva was around 23 when he joined and didn’t really start to shine until the following season , also mainly playing from the wing

all I’m saying is he will have ups and downs as every kid does but give it a few years and he’ll be the best player in our team

only slight worry I have is his rough round the edges personal life which hopefully he grows out of in time

If he gets his head down.
Stops smoking e cigs and drinking in nightclubs he will get it back again.
Love the lad don't want anyone to do it more than him.
Once a blue always a blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.