4k uhd tv's with hdr

Lemon7277

Evening...our 11 year old Samsung tv gave up the ghost today so in the hunt for a new TV...was just wondering are these 4k uhd tv's all that they are cracked up to be...got a budget of around £650 ish...had a quick browse threw the general outlets and see you seem to get a lot of TV for your money for a hisense..anyone got one and what are your general thoughts

I've a Samsung now but LG are meant to be best value for money. Missus liked the voice control remote on the Samsung but we got that. Mate who knows far more than me warned me off Hisense.

@TCIB will probably be able to give a good opinion.

I've a Samsung now but LG are meant to be best value for money. Missus liked the voice control remote on the Samsung but we got that. Mate who knows far more than me warned me off Hisense.

@TCIB will probably be able to give a good opinion.
If you don't mind me asking what model Samsung did you go for ?

If you don't mind me asking what model Samsung did you go for ?
M5600 I think, 55" anyway can't be arsed looking for the warranty booklet. Great TV to be fair. Think it was €710 in a sale (got a new cooker, dishwasher and dryer at the same time so not sure on the exact price). I've always been told LG are the better value for money though.

I have a 4k display for my pc and can say even at 28inch with the right media player setup the hdr and detail is brilliant.

As noted by @aguero93:20 Samsung and LG are spot on, indeed lg i believe still make certain components for companies like Samsung and so on.

Hisense try to trick you with seriously over sharpened image quality and blazing bright colours to give the impression of a screen that has it all when the reality is it is already essentially overclocked to fuck.

Do you already have a soundbar or speakers for surround sound?

Hisense are very good.
Yeah picture quality is really good and cheaper than the main brands, but LG are the best.

If you can afford OLED they are the best. Was at LG headquarters in Brooklands Surrey last year and like TC has just said they make all the OLED panels for other companies as they hold the patent for OLED.

I have a 4k display for my pc and can say even at 28inch with the right media player setup the hdr and detail is brilliant.

As noted by @aguero93:20 Samsung and LG are spot on, indeed lg i believe still make certain components for companies like Samsung and so on.

Hisense try to trick you with seriously over sharpened image quality and blazing bright colours to give the impression of a screen that has it all when the reality is it is already essentially overclocked to fuck.

Do you already have a soundbar or speakers for surround sound?
No but possibly looking into getting a soundbar with the tv

Yeah picture quality is really good and cheaper than the main brands
For the price they are not bad at all. I am not a snob but i do have some technical requirements that need to be met, especially with blacks being deep and solid.

It depends what the op is used to visually, Samsung are usually decent so dropping away from that will likely be noticeable to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.