4k uhd tv's with hdr

£650 for a telly that'll be out of date a month after you get it?

Everything moves on
The lad in Curry's recommended an LG that was on offer for £379 (I think) This was the one which had been usurped by the model I posted. He said he's bought the £379 one a year before for over £500 and this is how the market is
At some point you have to buy and £600 is my max budget

It was an interesting conversation I had with the salesman. I asked why a 50 inch Samsung was cheaper than a 40 and he explained the technology etc
But the outcome was Samsung are really good, but LG more than equal it at less money and JVC is massively overpriced

Everything moves on
The lad in Curry's recommended an LG that was on offer for £379 (I think) This was the one which had been usurped by the model I posted. He said he's bought the £379 one a year before for over £500 and this is how the market is
At some point you have to buy and £600 is my max budget

It was an interesting conversation I had with the salesman. I asked why a 50 inch Samsung was cheaper than a 40 and he explained the technology etc
But the outcome was Samsung are really good, but LG more than equal it at less money and JVC is massively overpriced
Get one bought you tight arsed git.
You remind me of the long dead Japanese tight arse -Yecant Tekitwiya; )

Evening...our 11 year old Samsung tv gave up the ghost today so in the hunt for a new TV...was just wondering are these 4k uhd tv's all that they are cracked up to be...got a budget of around £650 ish...had a quick browse threw the general outlets and see you seem to get a lot of TV for your money for a hisense..anyone got one and what are your general thoughts
Code live now, play20 . Many places ao etc taking it. Don't forget to add to basket first if using it .

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hisense- £699 delivered H65N6800-N6800-65-Inch-Smart-LED-TV-4K-Ultra-HD-Certified-4-HDMI-New/292137786883?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Fff3%3D4%26pub%3D5574894536%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5336549684%26customid%3D1526603081%26mpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%252Fitm%252FHisense-H65N6800-N6800-65-Inch-Smart-LED-TV-4K-Ultra-HD-Certified-4-HDMI-New%252F292137786883%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D1599655956886%26rvr_ts%3Da2c0e67c1640a9c44c1584affff7b656&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true

Last edited:
I have an LG OLED B6, 65" - got it a year ago in a 50% sale. Stunning really, the jump to this reminds of me when HD televisions first caught my eye while watching Planet Earth

Reminiscent of when there were concerns about 720p vs 1080p, wasn't certain 4k was going to be useful but I'm really impressed with both HD & UHD/4K content. Plus, the Smart TV OS for LG trumps Android, for me
I have a 55" C6 and it's brilliant. If you're getting a new TV it has to be OLED imo. The few shows that are Dolby Vision on Netflix are brilliant.

I need a step by step guide of how to put films off shoebox to my smart TV, does anyone know ?

Looking at a new TV and seen this one 'Samsung UE50NU7400 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD'. Looking at anything around 600/700 quid and this looks a decent one from what i can tell. Any recommendations from people or experience of this one?

Looking at a new TV and seen this one 'Samsung UE50NU7400 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD'. Looking at anything around 600/700 quid and this looks a decent one from what i can tell. Any recommendations from people or experience of this one?

Hello mate the NU series denotes it's a 2018 model and a model which replaced the 2017 MU series although not on a like for like basis.The MU 2017 series were a firm mid range offering from the Samsung stable offering excellent value for money.Think along the lines of the KS series 7000 8000 and 9000's.Nowadays the higher end Sammys are predominately QLEDS or quantum dot technology encapsulating the higher end of the market with their buzz word and also offering true HDR with 1500 nits and above of peak brightness .It has to have industry standards of 1000 nits to be the real deal. QLEDS ain't OLEDS and neither are Hisences ULEDS but all sounding remarkably similar to OLED to get our man juices flowing.Here is a good explanatory piece on QLED techno which makes for very good TV viewing experiences albeit with a higher end tab.The QLEDS are very good indeed.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-qled-samsungs-latest-television-acronym-explained

Anyway I am drifting so back to the 2018 NU series.The 7100 is the successor of the older 6000 series.The new 7100 hasn't received the best of reviews but the 7400 fairs better.If you are after cracking value have a quick look at the MU7000 MU8000 AND 9000'S that have true HDR and r tip top value for money.I have been evicted out of my computer room by hordes of summer hungry grande-waifs that need entertaining and they were using our bedroom as a chill out place.The final straw was when I had a bad dream the other night and woke up with a kit-kat finger stuck up my arse. Anyway I digress so I have moved all my stuff from the man cave into our front room and all was well in little Hartly until apparently I talk too much and she could not watch her soap operas in peace so needed a TV for the bedroom soaps.I bought the MU 7000 for only £525 from Richer and they may have a few left.All the bells and whistles and true HDR. If I have to criticize then the viewing angle could be a little wider but as the wife said I was nit picking as it not an OLED. It should be noted that the new QLEDS do address the viewing angle dilemma for the LED sets.Here is a review and I believe if your quick there are still models out there available.This set was priced at £1100 in 2017 so offers value at the circa £500 mark.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-ue49mu7000t

To give a brief of where the NU 74OO sits here is some info ..I think the MU 7000 8000 and 9000 ranges could offer better value but effectively mate whatever makes you grin.

NU7100 the new MU6100
NU7400 the new MU7400
NU8000 the new MU7000/MU8000/MU9000

Last edited:
Hello mate the NU series denotes it's a 2018 model and a model which replaced the 2017 MU series although not on a like for like basis.The MU 2017 series were a firm mid range offering from the Samsung stable offering excellent value for money.Think along the lines of the KS series 7000 8000 and 9000's.Nowadays the higher end Sammys are predominately QLEDS or quantum dot technology encapsulating the higher end of their market with their buzz word and also offering true HDR with over 1500 nits and above of peak brightnessIt has to have industry standards of 1000 nits and above to be the real deal. QLEDS ain't OLEDS and neither are Hisences ULEDS but all sounding remarkably similar to OLED to get the man juices flowing.Here is a good explanatory piece on QLED techno which makes for very good TV viewing experiences albeit with a higher end tab.The qleds are very good indeed.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-qled-samsungs-latest-television-acronym-explained

Anyway I am drifting so back to the 2018 NU series from Samsung.The 7100 is the successor of the older 6000 series.
The 7100 hasn't received the best of reviews but the 7400 fairs better.If you are after cracking value have a quick look at the MU7000 MU8000 AND 9000'S that have true HDR at 1000 nits and r tip top value for money.I have been evicted out of my computer room by hordes of summer hungry grande-waifs that need entertaining and they were using our bedroom as a chill out place.The final straw was when I had a bad dream the other night and woke up in terror with a kit-kat finger stuck up my arse. Anyway I digress so I have moved all my stuff from the man cave into our front room and all was well in little Hartly until apparently I talk too much and she could not watch her soap operas in peace so needed a TV for the bedroom soaps.I bought the MU 7000 for only £525 from richer and they may have a few left.All the bells and whistles and true HDR. If I have to criticize then the viewing angle could be a little wider but as the wife said I was nit picking as it not an OLED. It should be noted that the new QLEDS address the viewing angle dilemma for LED sets.Here is a review and I believe if your quick there are still models out there available.This set was priced at £1100 in 2017 so offers value at the circa £500 mark.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/samsung-ue49mu7000t

To give a brief of where the NU 74OO sits here is the info ..I think the MU 7000 8000 and 9000 ranges could offer better value but effectively mate whatever makes you grin.

NU7100 the new MU6100
NU7400 the new MU7400
NU8000 the new MU7000/MU8000/MU9000
Thanks very much, sounds like you really know your stuff so will check out the ones you have suggested. Much appreciated.

encapsulating the higher end of their market with their buzz word and also offering true HDR with over 1500 nits and above of peak brightness has to have industry standards of 1000 nits and above to be the real deal

Nits. Fuckin' nits, TV's that have between a 1000-1500 nits?

Is nitty Nora the bug explorer capable of de-licing a modern telly mate?

I thought she only did kids hair at school Bob : /

Nits? He must mean nuts? Hang on, a new TV containing between 1000-1500 nuts?

Nuts, nits, nuts nits nits nuts,,,
Nutty but nuts,,,,, nuts Korean nits,
Korean nuts? Hmm, must be why they make the best TV's?

Samsung nits? 1000-1500 nits inside a TV..... Buzzin'? Korean nuts?

Someone here is going fuckin' nuts alright.

I need a cab out of this nitty nuthouse urgently!!!

*rings phone*

*Operator answers*

" Hi Nora speaking, TV cabs, where you going to"?

(Gulp!: /)"Erm I dunno yet, I'll decide when it comes"

"Ok, what's your name and where are you"?

"My name is BMR and I'm at Bluemoon studio Manchester"

Nora'- "Taxi for nuts"?

"Erm yeah"? : / (Cheeky cow)

"Ok, it will nit be long BMR bye"

"Ok Nora thanks, bye"

Nora rings Bob

"Hi Bob, are you near Bluemoon studio hun"?

"Just around the corner love"

"I've got BMR there, he seems quite stressed and confused, get a move on you will ta"

"Ok Nora, leave it with me"

"Ok thanks bob cya later"

"Thanks Nora, catch ya later"

Taxi arrives.

"Hi I'm Bob, are you BMR"?

"hi Bob, yes It's me".

"Ok, where would you like to go mate"?

"Nearest Currys PC world please Bob, I need a new TV, mine is on the blink n' I think It's almost knackered".

"Oh dear, something nut quite right by the sound of it...I can recommend a 50" Samsung 4k smart TV with between 1000 to 1500 nits for perfect picture quality, they're the real deal mate, buzzin'."

"Fuck off Bob, you cannit be serious"!

Last edited:
Nits. Fuckin' nits, TV's that have between a 1000-1500 nits?

Is nitty Nora the bug explorer capable of de-licing a modern telly mate?

I thought she only did kids hair at school Bob : /

Nits? He must mean nuts? Hang on, a new TV containing between 1000-1500 nuts?

Nuts, nits, nuts nits nits nuts,,,
Nutty but nuts,,,,, nuts Korean nits,
Korean nuts? Hmm, must be why they make the best TV's?

Samsung nits? 1000-1500 nits inside a TV..... Buzzin'? Korean nuts?

Someone here is going fuckin' nuts alright.

I need a cab out of this nitty nuthouse urgently!!!

*rings phone*

*Operator answers*

" Hi Nora speaking, TV cabs, where you going to"?

"Dunno yet, I'll decide when it comes"

"Ok, what's your name and where are you"?

"My name is BMR and I'm at Bluemoon studio Manchester"

Nora'- "Taxi for nuts"?

"Erm yeah"? : / (Cheeky cow)

"Ok, it will nit be long BMR bye"

"Ok Nora thanks, bye"

Nora rings Bob

"Hi Bob, are you near Bluemoon studio hun"?

"Just around the corner love"

"I've got BMR there, he seems quite stressed and confused, get a move on you will ta"

"Ok Nora, leave it with me"

"Ok thanks bob cya later"

"Thanks Nora, catch ya later"

Taxi arrives.

"Hi I'm Bob, are you BMR"?

"hi Bob, yes It's me".

"Ok, where would you like to go mate"?

"Nearest Currys PC world please Bob, I need a new TV, mine is on the blink n' I think It's almost knackered".

"Oh dear, something nut quite right by the sound of it...I can recommend a 50" Samsung 4k smart TV with between 1000 to 1500 nits for perfect picture quality, they're the real deal mate, buzzin'."

"Fuck off Bob, you cannit be serious"!

https://www.talktofrank.com Its for the best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.