5 Games Left, Which Players...

Ricster

Should see some minutes in those last 5 matches of the season?

Who would you like to see?

Foden - Quite sure Phil would have seen more minutes from the bench had he not suffered injury after making his debut. Great appetite to improve his game. Some nice cameo's this season and hopefully will see some more game time in those matches.

Diaz - The gem in City's Academy? Definitely a rough diamond. By far the standout youth player for me this season when it comes to first team appearances. Maybe not seen as much as we thought we would but his close control and his dribbling skills may see him as a likely successor to Merlin. Stand out choice for more minutes.

Yaya - No doubt about it, he will feature in the last home game of the season and i really do hope that people remember the good things he did for our club. A giant of a man, a giant of a player, and a giant that will always be remembered by most as the main influence to our first trophy under Mancini. Legend status and well deserved.

Zinchenko - strange one. He has impressed at times but just looks a standard below the rest of the team. Will he improve? For sure. Will he improve enough? Doubt it. Possibly another cameo before being offloaded in the summer.

Doyle - Grandson of Mike and Gly Pardoe I've added the young gun more because of nostalgia more than anything else. I think most, if not all would love to see Tommy pull on the shirt but i think these 5 games will be too soon. I hope im wrong because the day this lad makes the field i think the Etihad will break new decibel levels, maybe 1 for next season.

I haven't really kept up to date with the academy this year, and the youth forum seems to have been a bit slow this year, does anyone think any other fringe players or youngsters might get some game time before the season finishes?

I'd like to see the Stones - Laporte partnership get some minutes. They're the future long term, so it'd be nice to see them playing together with the pressure off.

Nmecha deserves a PL debut. I'd like to see Zinchenko in midfield. Brahim Díaz should get 200 minutes at least.

Looking forward to seeing Diaz the most.

Seeing as we play 5 of the bottom 8, one of whom is currently in the relegation zone, I'd like to see the team stay the way it has up until this point with the same reasonable rotation/subs policy.

Seeing as we're going to play some of the teams in and around the relegation zone, I don't think clubs would be too happy if we fielded too many youngsters against their potential rivals.

if we were truly gonna play a fringe/upcomin/returning players team with a few regulars then

Bravo
danilo. stones. laporte. mendy
Delph
diaz. foden

Bernardo. jesus zivchenko.

but we are chasing 100 poimts so doubt we would weaken it much from normal side

would like foden, diaz and mendy to get game time and bravo to get the 5 appearance for an automatic medal

Last edited:
if we wer etrily gonna play a fringe/upcomin/returning players team with a few regulars then

Bravo
danilo. stones. laporte. mendy
Delph
diaz. foden

Bernardo. jesus zivchenko.

but we are chasing 100 poimts so doubt we would weaken it much from normal side

woild lile foden, diaz and memdy to get game time and bravo tp get the 5 appearance for an automatic medal

There's not a 5 game requirement for goalkeepers.

I think Bravo might get a game or two. Yaya will almost certainly get a send off game and Foden and Diazz will get minutes off the bench. Other than that, I would expect pretty much full strength team.

I hope Stones and Laporte get some time together on the pitch at CB. It would be nice to see them establish a decent partnership as they are (hopefully) the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.