5 | John Stones - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been reading Pep's article praising John Boy on the way he has adapted!! That's ma boy as they say.

We could use the old Dunnie song,
He's here,
he's there
He's everywhere
Johhhnn Boy......... mmmmmm not sure about the last line Richard Dunne sort of scanned John Boy or John Stones doesn't scan that well does it?

I'm aware that I missed out a word in the third line but like with the Zaba song I just elongated everywhere!! :-) ;-)

Tough day for him but it's important to remember just how tall of a task Pep is asking of him. To go from playing with no one on your back as a center back to receiving the ball on the half turn with players breathing down your back is pretty damn significant.

Tough day for him but it's important to remember just how tall of a task Pep is asking of him. To go from playing with no one on your back as a center back to receiving the ball on the half turn with players breathing down your back is pretty damn significant.
I agree, it was a game where that position wasn't needed today, he still looked classy though.

I'd move him back to CH on Tuesday and play a traditional back 4, with Walker at RB

Didn’t do anything wrong, that hybrid position just wasn’t the right fit for the match, and Pep recognised that and changed the formation.

Thought he was actually one of our better players in the first half, as well.

Supremely gifted footballer and we are quite fortunate to have him.

He would just have been as good as the dippers, had his teammates moved off the ball to create options for him, especially in the 1st half.

Some games just aren’t effective enough for that position he plays. Stood out against the dippers because of their press to play triangles around but Southampton sitting so deep makes it difficult to thrive.

The one time they did press us he set up the beating of it and played a killer pass to Mahrez.

Wish teams would do it more!

To think, there were many people a few years ago desperate to get rid of him, and literally called me an idiot for saying he could become as good as Vinny.

Well done Johnny Big Bollocks, well done.

Show me a better defender in world football right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.