5 | John Stones - 2024/25

OK that's it, I've looked at the photos on the MCFC website of training and no JB!! I'm off to support another club. I cannot stand this......
*contemplates* who can I support? Mmmm, not them, they play in red, mmmmm not them they play in a different blue, mmmmm not them they play in black and white,............. this is a dilemma of gigantuan heights.........

Bring back John Boy. :-)

Sorry, I had a few tests at the hospital yesterday and have to rest today and I am bored as there's nothing on TV. Apologies if I am offending anyone. :-)

OK that's it, I've looked at the photos on the MCFC website of training and no JB!! I'm off to support another club. I cannot stand this......
*contemplates* who can I support? Mmmm, not them, they play in red, mmmmm not them they play in a different blue, mmmmm not them they play in black and white,............. this is a dilemma of gigantuan heights.........

Bring back John Boy. :-)

Sorry, I had a few tests at the hospital yesterday and have to rest today and I am bored as there's nothing on TV. Apologies if I am offending anyone. :-)

He heard your plight and has posted on his Instagram

Papers reporting he's just got engaged to his partner

He heard your plight and has posted on his Instagram

Papers reporting he's just got engaged to his partner

Oh that’s lovely news. I’m so pleased for them and kicking myself for not looking on Instagram as I ‘follow’ him on there but only look at it when they send me an email about every two weeks!
Congratulations to John and his now fiancé.

Thank you again @northmr8 . :-)

*tongue in cheek time*

Ok you can all relax now, I’m not going to be grumpy any more. I’ve just seen photos of Mr Stones on the MCFC website training.
The world has returned to its normal axis, I’ve got a smile on my face and life, as we know it, can return to normal.
Thank you for your patience whilst I was seeking for information and validation that Mr Stones had not been abducted by aliens.

Now I become a normal human being again. (Less heckling on the back row thanks. I’ve got a banner that unfurls to say I ruined football for Manchester City fans!!*)

*For the less news minded folk that was a dig at our shortest serving Prime Minister!

Had an interesting debate today about Stones.

When talking of all time Premier League XI central defenders, I would imagine on average he would be around 7th/8th choice in nominations, if that,

The usual elite ones would be Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic, Campbell and then the next ones mentioned would be Stam, Van Dijk, Kompany, even Carvalho but never Stones.

When you compare his career to what the majority would consider the top two, Terry and Ferdinand it is baffling how he isn’t mentioned even near this list.

LEAGUE TITLES
Stones - 6
Ferdinand - 6
Terry - 5

DOMESTIC CUPS
Terry - 8
Stones - 4
Ferdinand - 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
All 1

ENGLAND CAPS
Ferdinand - 81
Stones - 79
Terry - 78

ENGLAND SUCCESS
Stones - 2 x Euro finals
Ferdinand and Terry - QF’s

TREBLE WINNER
Stones - 1
Ferdinand and Terry - 0

DOMESTIC TREBLE
Stones - 1
Ferdinand and Terry - 0

Is it simply his injury record that doesn’t give him the plaudits or is it just he hasn’t got the PR like the other two?

There is a high chances Stones could surpass both in all success on paper but I still don’t think he would even come into the debate if they were picking a 40th anniversary team in 2033.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.