5 undeniable facts and 1 question

i8rags

1, we are much improved in terms of points and victories.

2, we have signed better quality players and will continue to do so.

3, our attendances are on the up.

4, we have a better manager.

5, we have a a great chance of chupms league qualification.

then how come we are full of doom and gloom and the atmosphere although slightly improved upon in recent games is poor. i believe we would of roared city to victory over Everton and the rags in the past.
whats gone wrong. remember the Hamburg game surely this is how it should be every game at the moment, lets bear in mind we could be watching city with Villa, Torres etc playing Barcelona at eastlands next year. we need to be up for it and we need the players to hear us before its to late.

i8rags said:

then how come we are full of doom and gloom and the atmosphere although slightly improved upon in recent games is poor. i believe we would of roared city to victory over Everton and the rags in the past.
whats gone wrong. remember the Hamburg game surely this is how it should be every game at the moment, lets bear in mind we could be watching city with Villa, Torres etc playing Barcelona at eastlands next year. we need to be up for it and we need the players to hear us before its to late.
Because many people are of the opinion that failing to finish fourth would be a disaster in terms of the great players who won't join a club that can't offer Champions League football. The money can only do so much. The greats also want to play at the highest level.

I don't know if the Pressure/Stress is having the same effect on the players, but it's killing me. I have a feeling the problem is we never know what City is going to turn up. In effect, the uncertainty is turning us into nervous wrecks.

i8rags said:

as much as i agree, i think the player have to show they are up for the challenge

Too much uncertainty around being fueled by various people on here. Instead of being focussed on the race for 4th we are distracted by the prospect of yet more upheaval and people are sick of it.

In my Opinion

There is now a different kind of pressure where everybody now expects us to win.

There is now so much at stake and this is getting to everybody.

In the old days we used to get behind the team even when we were crap, yet now people think that because the players are on so much money they need to be world beaters and fans are quick to get on there backs when they have a bad game.

We need to get back to basics and remember why we support this club of ours and get behind whoever pulls on our blue shirt.

3 goals in injury time against the Scum that led to three defeats has just gutted me.

Frankly I don't give a toss if we do get into the Chumps League, nothing can erase the memory of those three games.

most views i read on here are about who will be the next manager and who will play up front next year etc. did we not give long and very fruitful contracts to most of these people we consider dispensable. they are here now and to get to the next level we need to get behind the current staff.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm --<br /><br />
Gray said:
3 goals in injury time against the Scum that led to three defeats has just gutted me.

Frankly I don't give a toss if we do get into the Chumps League, nothing can erase the memory of those three games.
i understand your view entirely but that could easily be erased by beating them in the semis of the chumps league next year.

I dont own a season ticket as simply i cant afford one, but try to get to as many home games as i can stretch to and this means i have sat in most areas of the ground, was at the derby up in the gods of the colin bell first time i have sat there and must admit i was amazed at just how quiet the support was up there i mean really bar the supra blue moon intro before kick off no singing at all and very little in the way of vocal support, just the odd "fkn hell" and "come on city" tried to get it going a bit but nowt doing .. very strange .. realise singing not for everyone but shouting them on is surely not to much to ask ?

Gray said:

Your sentiments are not shared by the sensible blues I know, thank God.

Fuck Man United. It hurts to lose to them but the important thing here is not local pride, it's the club's progress.

I'd have sacrificed all three derbies 5-0 to get into the Champs League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.