50 Years Ago Today

East Level 2

29th April 1968.

The final home game of our title winning season and my first trip to Maine Road.
We won 2-0 (Book& Coleman) and I was hooked. Not missed many home games in the intervening 50 years and celebrated with a trip darn sarf to watch the win at West Ham. - Never saw us win at the Boleyn Ground but I've seen three wins out of three at London Stadium.

1. KJ Mulhearn
  2. AK Book
  3. G Pardoe
  4. M Doyle
  5. GW Heslop
  6. AA Oakes
  7. FH Lee
  8. C Bell
  9. M Summerbee
  10. NJ Young
  11. AG Coleman

29th April 1968.

The final home game of our title winning season and my first trip to Maine Road.
We won 2-0 (Book& Coleman) and I was hooked. Not missed many home games in the intervening 50 years and celebrated with a trip darn sarf to watch the win at West Ham. - Never saw us win at the Boleyn Ground but I've seen three wins out of three at London Stadium.

1. KJ Mulhearn
  2. AK Book
  3. G Pardoe
  4. M Doyle
  5. GW Heslop
  6. AA Oakes
  7. FH Lee
  8. C Bell
  9. M Summerbee
  10. NJ Young
  11. AG Coleman
Remember that game very well, rearranged for the Monday night as Everton played (and won) in the FA Cup semi-final on the Saturday. A rare goal from Skip and a thunderous effort from TC from 25 yards that the Everton keeper got both hands to but the power was too much for him to keep it out. Set us up nicely for the last 2 games away at Spurs and Newcastle. Rags lost heavily at West Brom that same night and Leeds - who were also in contention - lost either that night or the following night if my memory hasn't packed in!

29th April 1968.

1. KJ Mulhearn
  2. AK Book
  3. G Pardoe
  4. M Doyle
  5. GW Heslop
  6. AA Oakes
  7. FH Lee
  8. C Bell
  9. M Summerbee
  10. NJ Young
  11. AG Coleman
Not a bad little team!

i remember the announcement as the match finished,west brom 6 and a huge roar as it was now in our own hands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.