5th Round Draw/Leeds at home (all in here)

Rwhites said:
Dexter Morgan said:
Rwhites said:
Hi Lads
Leeds fan here just for a bit of banter not to wind anyone up, we had a lot of animosity with you in the past but for Leeds fans that has been severely diluted since youve started taking trophies from the other lot so now a lot have Leeds fans have a lot of respect for you. For the record i expect a stuffing but youll probably find the more we are getting beat the louder our fans will be as there will be no tension.
For anyone thinking it will be 6000 idiots coming across the pennines will be wrong, we never have general sale so all will be season ticket holders and members, i actually expect it to be good natured due to the mutual hatred of a certain club.
Welcome, met a few of your fans after the pre season game in Torquay,had a good drink with them.They were all delighted we pipped that lot for the title. Im not expecting a trouble free day but any will be over quick as the GMP are on the ball at the ground. Rarely see anything major except when them dicks came in the league cup semi dressed in black, how scary. Towns full of cctv and in any case i think 99% of your fans will just want a good day out on the piss and you never know as its the cup after all. Hope the tickets are cheap for us all.

my worry is bates wont agree to cheap tickets (and yes he is still very much running the show)
I think the rules on ticket pricing in the FA Cup have changed with the home team getting to dictate the ticket price. It will be £20 max I think, but more likely £15. Was £15 against Watford and it sold out.

Ducado said:
I am not sure that ticket demand from City fans will be that high to be honest

It's an attractive match to anyone who knows anything about old rivalries and also it's a chance for people who miss out on Premiership matches to see City play.

Watford in the 3rd Round was pretty full. Not too many empty seats.

peoffrey said:
Ducado said:
I am not sure that ticket demand from City fans will be that high to be honest

It's an attractive match to anyone who knows anything about old rivalries and also it's a chance for people who miss out on Premiership matches to see City play.

Watford in the 3rd Round was pretty full. Not too many empty seats.

Exactly. The club will want a repeat of this in terms of attendance. Reasonably priced tickets will mean a full house I have no doubt.

this one will sell out no problems
and to the leeds fan 'welcome' i'd like to see you back in the prem sooner have you at the etihad with 3000 than wigan with 300

Leeds will be a good game because its a derby like the battle of roses

I have respect for leeds because when i was growing up 12-10 years ago were a brilliant team with good players and united feared them

Leeds is more closer to us than to man united scum because were closer to the pennines and most city fans like meself (used to live around oldham rochdale area) come from eastern manchester like oldham rochdale etc etc and most likely you find to leeds fans around them areas

There wont be chaos on the game because GMP and WYP will always be on top if leeds had 6,000 5,300 are sensible and follow there team 600 are lunatics with no interest in football only to cause chaos and distruption

Its going to be a problem for the fa when you have oldham everton man city leeds man united reading in the area you have everton fans going to oldham from liverpool to travel through manchester
Leeds coming to man city through oldham

Just remember wether its leeds or man united scum there not all are lunatics and you have sensible fans who follow there team yes they have idiots and lunatics

Anyway lets get back to football not the battle of manchester city centre

I think it will be a good game but we will win 3-1 and city to dominate most of the game

MCFC2393 said:
There wont be chaos on the game because GMP and WYP will always be on top if leeds had 6,000 5,300 are sensible and follow there team 600 are lunatics with no interest in football only to cause chaos and distruption
Sorry 100 at most, our fans are not the same as years ago, mostly barmies just wanting a good day on the pop.

marco said:
this one will sell out no problems
and to the leeds fan 'welcome' i'd like to see you back in the prem sooner have you at the etihad with 3000 than wigan with 300
The size of a club's away following has precisely fuck all to do with what division a club is playing in. Leeds are where they deserve to be due to them underperforming on the pitch for the last decade. It's up to them to put their arses into gear and earn the right to be in the PL. I wouldn't shed too many tears if they never get back up.

Some on here are getting a bit carried away. There are a lot of similarities between Leeds and city in terms of history and size and also in terms of fanbases. I've seen lots of trouble with them in the past. I remember them bringing big followings in the 80s. They broke through into the platt lane once. Another game there was fighting in j block. I remember their buses getting ambushed at Victoria station once too. Maine road was as bad as eland road back in those days.

But their fanbase is a lot like ours. There will be a lot of lads on the piss for this game, as the FA cup always brings that out. They might even bring a 'firm' up, but I can't see there being mass disorder. The police will be on top of things and it will probably be similar to recent derbies in that respect: a bit tense and a few verbals but nothing else.

Didsbury Dave said:
Some on here are getting a bit carried away. There are a lot of similarities between Leeds and city in terms of history and size and also in terms of fanbases. I've seen lots of trouble with them in the past. I remember them bringing big followings in the 80s. They broke through into the platt lane once. Another game there was fighting in j block. I remember their buses getting ambushed at Victoria station once too. Maine road was as bad as eland road back in those days.

But their fanbase is a lot like ours. There will be a lot of lads on the piss for this game, as the FA cup always brings that out. They might even bring a 'firm' up, but I can't see there being mass disorder. The police will be on top of things and it will probably be similar to recent derbies in that respect: a bit tense and a few verbals but nothing else.

totally agree our 2 clubs were very very similar before you got your windfall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.