5th Round Draw/Leeds at home (all in here)

bluevengence said:
black mamba said:
Zubrman said:
Not to mention how startled I was by the event.

I had a scarf nicked at Leeds in 1975 , about a mile from the ground , after a last gasp Donachie equaliser got us a 2-2 draw.

Was it one of them silk numbers wore around the wrist ?....them were the days

Certainly was one of those !

captain cockwash said:
Looking forward to it - please declare at 4

I know that Leeds have been struggling away from home , but i'm expecting them to put on a show of resistance at the Etihad ...... in much the same way that you did at Old Trashford a few years ago .

We don't want a replay , for any number of reasons , so i hoping that City are on top of their game for this one.

black mamba said:
bluevengence said:
black mamba said:
I had a scarf nicked at Leeds in 1975 , about a mile from the ground , after a last gasp Donachie equaliser got us a 2-2 draw.

Was it one of them silk numbers wore around the wrist ?....them were the days

Certainly was one of those !

captain cockwash said:
Looking forward to it - please declare at 4

I know that Leeds have been struggling away from home , but i'm expecting them to put on a show of resistance at the Etihad ...... in much the same way that you did at Old Trashford a few years ago .

We don't want a replay , for any number of reasons , so i hoping that City are on top of their game for this one.

Couldnt stop laughing that day, But think you lot wont underestimate us the way they did. Mancini seems to like this cup?

Tottenham certainly didnt fancy it yesterday to be honest.
Be good to see the likes of Aguero and Tevez after watching Michael Brown all season ( though he was good yesterday)

iloveacougar said:
When will tv schedule be done

Probably not until next week. Not a definite answer but the televised games were released 10 days after the 4th round draw. I don't know how they operate but I'd expect it to be a similar timescale which would make it somewhere around wednesday the 6th, I could be well off the mark though

Blue_Moon said:
iloveacougar said:

Probably not until next week. Not a definite answer but the televised games were released 10 days after the 4th round draw. I don't know how they operate but I'd expect it to be a similar timescale which would make it somewhere around wednesday the 6th, I could be well off the mark though

Can't be that late, the game is in 2 and a half weeks, they will need to get the tickets on sale. Now there are only 8 ties half of them will be televised, expect a decision on time/date to be played next couple of days IMHO.

In fact for the fourth round the live games were announced on Weds 9th Jan (3 days after the 3rd round finished)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013/Jan/fourth-round-live-tv-ties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013 ... ve-tv-ties</a>

Blue_Moon said:
iloveacougar said:

I'm sure City v Leeds, Us v Everton & United v Reading will be on TV at some point.

Luton v Millwall and Middlesbrough v Chelsea (if they get through) as possibilities.

Blue_Moon said:
iloveacougar said:

the TV games were picked and announced three days after the 4th round draw.

Tonster said:
Can't be that late, the game is in 2 and a half weeks, they will need to get the tickets on sale. Now there are only 8 ties half of them will be televised, expect a decision on time/date to be played next couple of days IMHO.

In fact for the fourth round the live games were announced on Weds 9th Jan (3 days after the 3rd round finished)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013/Jan/fourth-round-live-tv-ties" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013 ... ve-tv-ties</a>

cheers for that,I was going off the ITV website which was posted on the 16th, did think it was earlier than that last time. Either way we should certainly be televised and won't be a saturday 3pm kick off

Balti said:
leeds got a right hiding last cup game I went to there

running riots outside the ground

it was a dodgy place to go but it was not all one way traffic

several leeds scarfs came back on the coach with some of the lads ......maybe they swapped them ;-)
some of the scare stories made me laugh, there were worse places to go back in the day, been 12 times to Leeds and only came off worse once, city dished it out many many times. Looking forward to a more peacefull day now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.