#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb again. I notice he gets pulled up for things that don't get mentioned when others do the same. He was brilliant, Pep will name check him this week.

Well this is bullshit.
He lost the ball a good number of times in dangerous areas and simply isn't as compossed passing forward as the likes of Cancelo or Walker.

I wouldn't blame him for their goal though, he's close to Saka and can't see the ball.

Big improvement though second half, including the match winning clearance. Maybe he looks worse as he isn't 'slick' but he didn't perform well, especially going forward, in the first half. Outstanding in the second.

If you think otherwise, that his first half was incredible, you must be fucking blind.

He was brilliant today, BT Sport tried to imply he was at fault for Arsenal’s goal but he couldn’t have done anything about that, and since Willie Donachie, would any City left back had saved that almost own-goal by Laporte? Laporte would have been almost as embarrassed as Janie Pollock v QPR all those years ago.

He has played better than all of are defenders in the last 2 games , Laporte and Dias have struggled probably cause they are fucking knackered
Thought he really struggled today, personally. Though much line Zinchenko, it's hard to be too critical as he's not a LB.

He lost the ball a good number of times in dangerous areas and simply isn't as compossed passing forward as the likes of Cancelo or Walker.

I wouldn't blame him for their goal though, he's close to Saka and can't see the ball.

Big improvement though second half, including the match winning clearance. Maybe he looks worse as he isn't 'slick' but he didn't perform well, especially going forward, in the first half. Outstanding in the second.

If you think otherwise, that his first half was incredible, you must be fucking blind.
I don't recall him giving the ball away often at all, at a guess i'd say dias and cancelo gave the ball away significantly more than Ake did. He was very neat and tidy on the ball without being especially productive but that's not his role when he plays.

I think he handled an in form and very dangerous Saka very well throughout, we often don't give credit to the threat the opposition players can cause. He was never going to keep him quiet all game but he did a better job than cancelo did on martinelli. He wasnt incredible first half, nobody was but he was the best of the entire back 4.He's then backed that up second half with a better containment job on saka and stopped us losing the game in the second half with some outstanding defending.

Thought he really struggled today, personally. Though much line Zinchenko, it's hard to be too critical as he's not a LB.

Each to there own mate if he doesn’t make that clearance we where dead and buried anyways happy new year and up the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.