6 | Nathan Ake - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made significantly less errors than most other players on the pitch today, just so happens his was the biggest and costly one. Doesn't need telling he fucked up, he knows and its out of character for arguably pur most reliable defender. Dust it off and keep doing what he does well, will need a performance from him in our next league game to handle Saka.

Not having him at left back (but since we haven’t had a LB since Kolorov,he is the latest in a long line of stop gaps).
Think he has been poor in games where we are under pressure on his side which started with his horrible performance at Wolves when we was running in water.
Also, without Grealish in front of him, nobody else offers any protection
Ake has been great, especially in games where the play is in front of him. Unfortunately when he is running back towards his own goal, he looks like he is running in cement.

Ake has been great, especially in games where the play is in front of him. Unfortunately when he is running back towards his own goal, he looks like he is running in cement.
But that is the problem.
He is likely to cost us a goal when running towards our goal

Yes we have ignored the LB position for years but have succeeded despite this . Once again we see Ake not marking the wide man -inviting the pass then too late he then rushes across and gets beaten by a one two with an additional opponent whose not been picked up. Time and feckin time ,game after game.

I said in the match thread that you know we are playing at Anfield when arguably our most reliably high-performing player makes a mistake like that.

Still think he is our best defender and one of the best in the league.

I love him, but he's probably got one attacking bone in his body. I didn't think he did Alvarez any favors with some of the passes he was giving him. No need to mention the pass leading to the penalty.

Hes been our most consistent defender for the past year, maybe even longer

No, he hasn't. If anything, he's our most overrated defender. He cost us both at Arsenal and Liverpool this season, and at home vs Spurs for their 3rd goal. Every team creates more chances from his side. Even that youngster Bradley turned him today and created a good chance. He was poor in the air, too.

Akanji has been better than him, including at LB where Akanji was brilliant vs Real. Ake's a good CB who does a decent job at LB. No more.

I love him, but he's probably got one attacking bone in his body. I didn't think he did Alvarez any favors with some of the passes he was giving him. No need to mention the pass leading to the penalty.

That's the problem. He's more of an old school defender and isn't good enough vs high-press. He's the opposite of Cancelo who was average 1 on 1 but was great on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.