6 Nations 2020

leighton

Normally i be bullish in my views on Ireland. This time no Joe a new look maybe a new style under Andy Farrell so it will be a watching brief. Rugby in Ireland Munster has had a stinker so far. We are lucky for Leinster and Ulster they have preformed well so far this year. Seeing the team for the Scotland game not much has changed. Were still going with the Murray and Sexton combination at 9 and 10 when John Cooney has been the best 9 of the season for me.
There some changes but not a load were you would think this is a Andy Farrell team it still has the marks of a Joe team. The pack is the same with 2 changes Rob Herring at hooker and CJ Moving from 8 to Blindside Flanker with a debut for Caelan Doris.

The backs picks themselves with Jordan Larmour playing fullback and Aki and Ringrose as the centres with Stockdale and Conway on the wings. It will be the same set up in my head od how this team will play. I am guessing there will be changes. I hope Andy Farrell does well. Its a huge job for him.

I be happy with us being in with a chance of winning the 6 Nations going into the last game but this team and squad are wounded from the World Cup would of loved to see more players giving a start but its a long 6 Nations and there will be plenty of changes.

Just think England and Wales are in a better place Wales more so than England with all the stuff going on at Saracens how will the squad react to those Saracens players will it have any effect.

So what do all you guys think on this years championship. Whos going to win it? England or Wales for me. And yes i cant believe i have said that.

Normally i be bullish in my views on Ireland. This time no Joe a new look maybe a new style under Andy Farrell so it will be a watching brief. Rugby in Ireland Munster has had a stinker so far. We are lucky for Leinster and Ulster they have preformed well so far this year. Seeing the team for the Scotland game not much has changed. Were still going with the Murray and Sexton combination at 9 and 10 when John Cooney has been the best 9 of the season for me.
There some changes but not a load were you would think this is a Andy Farrell team it still has the marks of a Joe team. The pack is the same with 2 changes Rob Herring at hooker and CJ Moving from 8 to Blindside Flanker with a debut for Caelan Doris.

The backs picks themselves with Jordan Larmour playing fullback and Aki and Ringrose as the centres with Stockdale and Conway on the wings. It will be the same set up in my head od how this team will play. I am guessing there will be changes. I hope Andy Farrell does well. Its a huge job for him.

I be happy with us being in with a chance of winning the 6 Nations going into the last game but this team and squad are wounded from the World Cup would of loved to see more players giving a start but its a long 6 Nations and there will be plenty of changes.

Just think England and Wales are in a better place Wales more so than England with all the stuff going on at Saracens how will the squad react to those Saracens players will it have any effect.

So what do all you guys think on this years championship. Whos going to win it? England or Wales for me. And yes i cant believe i have said that.
Don't see why he's given Sexton the captaincy ahead of Ryan, can't see Sexton making the next world cup, we should be thinking a bit further ahead.

Don't see why he's given Sexton the captaincy ahead of Ryan, can't see Sexton making the next world cup, we should be thinking a bit further ahead.

Sexton is playing as Joey Carbury is ruled out and with Ireland reluctant to use players outside of Ireland there really is no other option and Sexton makes sense as Captain it wont affect his game. Long term who you go with is a bigger question. Sextons swansong will retire at end of this season so to go out as Captain is a nice touch for maybe our greatest number 10. Also being honest I think Peter O Mahony would be the next in line to captain Ireland after Sexton then Ryan if they stay fully fit. Strange i was expecting more changes but not much. Its a huge job for Andy Farrell maybe he wants to ease himself into the job and going relatively safe. Next year or even the November games he will have more options James Lowe can be playing on 1 of the wings. Game changer for the world cup.

With Wales and Ireland at home England have a very good chance at winning the GS if they can continue their WC form.

With Wales and Ireland at home England have a very good chance at winning the GS if they can continue their WC form.
Do you not think the Saracens thing will effect the squad? Just dont know how they will react to playing alongside those Saracens players so it be a case of watching how England get on. Always good to have Ireland and Wales at home.

If Shaun Edwards can get the French to buy into his defensive game then they could be tough to beat.

England
France
Wales or Ireland
Scotland
Italy

Well if Wiganeese translates into French then this afternoons game could be a cracker.
Ireland, Scotland game was entertaining ( felt sorry for Townsend )
Wales got the bonus point in a going through the motions performance. North is not a centre.

France England will be a brilliant warm up for our match afterwards. Great afternoon ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.