6 Nations 2020

Big Gaz the big one on Saturday what you thinking??

A few changes from the Ireland side Henshaw in for Ringrose and O Manhony in for Doris are our changes. We look all over the place. I would of loved to see more changes. Think the Welsh might have a field day. Our wingers were starved of the ball against the Scots. We look so poor attacking wise. Its generally a decent game between Ireland and Wales i am dreading it we will be found out in this 1 more so than the Scots game.
My head says a Welsh win by 7 points or more. My heart hopes Ireland sneak a win.
I can see Rhys Webb starting the game at 9 and Ross Moriarty at 8. They will be unleashing the backs.

Big Gaz the big one on Saturday what you thinking??

A few changes from the Ireland side Henshaw in for Ringrose and O Manhony in for Doris are our changes. We look all over the place. I would of loved to see more changes. Think the Welsh might have a field day. Our wingers were starved of the ball against the Scots. We look so poor attacking wise. Its generally a decent game between Ireland and Wales i am dreading it we will be found out in this 1 more so than the Scots game.
My head says a Welsh win by 7 points or more. My heart hopes Ireland sneak a win.

For us same team but North on wing and Tomkins starts at centre. I can't see Wales playing as open as Scotland did and that might help you out. Should be a good game, looking forward to it.

@leighton
I thought Ireland looked very old at the World Cup, and I think your analysis is pretty fair - there seems to be a need for a new plan, and I don't think Farrell is the man for that. I'm amazed he got the job, and assume the Irish Union must be skint!

Wales had a gentle loosener, but looked pretty comfortable, and should be okay if they can get the back line can be put in play.

But, and it's a huge but for the previous line, the forecast for Saturday is very wet and very windy. It'll be complete mayhem, and O'Mahony may be the perfect man for the day.

We did look old but most didnt handle the conditions the humidity the players were a mix for me. I think they new Joe was going and the pressure we didnt get going at all. Also playing the All Blacks in the knock outs was always going to be tricky.

As for Saturday a few from the pack have stepped up O Mahony , Standar , James Ryan too and I was impressed with Herring also doing well in the loose and Hooking. The wings I hope we see more of Stockdale and Henshaw coming in see how he goes. I think if the weather is bad it be a pack game the ball under the jersey tyoe of game.

For us same team but North on wing and Tomkins starts at centre. I can't see Wales playing as open as Scotland did and that might help you out. Should be a good game, looking forward to it.

Always say it may the best team win. I am always bullish when it comes to Ireland but today I feel were going toe to toe with the potential winners. See how we go and take it from there.

We did look old but most didnt handle the conditions the humidity the players were a mix for me. I think they new Joe was going and the pressure we didnt get going at all. Also playing the All Blacks in the knock outs was always going to be tricky.

As for Saturday a few from the pack have stepped up O Mahony , Standar , James Ryan too and I was impressed with Herring also doing well in the loose and Hooking. The wings I hope we see more of Stockdale and Henshaw coming in see how he goes. I think if the weather is bad it be a pack game the ball under the jersey tyoe of game.

Always say it may the best team win. I am always bullish when it comes to Ireland but today I feel were going toe to toe with the potential winners. See how we go and take it from there.
Result!

Not even close really, Wales barely got going, and Ireland looked a different side from last week. Very impressive.

And now, Murrayfield sounds well up for it. I think England will probably win fairly easily, unless their backrow of opensides comes unstuck. I wonder if the rain will arrive (oh, it has).

Fair point on the effect of humidity.

Henshaw was very good, I thought. Stander was Stander!

Gauzere isn't having a great day here - Moore spotted the 6 yard retreat, and the Scots saw the Englishman on the ground at a turnover. Definitely behind Poite, who I thought was very good today.

Mind you, the commentator can't tell the difference between George and Vunipola. It's not like they're easy to dfferentiate, even without clear sight of the big number 1 on the back,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.