6 years ago to the day

The greatest football day of my life. I don't think it can ever be surpassed.

DcOftksXUAECKwQ.jpg

And look..... BLUE SHORTS!!!!

It took a long time for it to feel real. An unbelievable day that I still struggle to explain to people. I hadn't had a drop of beer and can't remember how I celebrated, though my Dad informed me he looked at me and I was doubled over on the seat as though I was throwing up!

Mario would have blasted it over the bar, and then wondered why mass suicides were going on in the stands.
I don’t even like to think about it. And like many, I think, when I watch 93.20, I still, to this day, expect Sergio to put it just wide.
Yeah much as I like Mario I wouldn't want him to hold our 'world' in his hands.

Did enjoy him getting Barton to kick-off again as Micah was calming him down though.

Did Mario ever miss a pen for us?, I always had confidence in him on that score, a walk of a run up, a little pause while the keeper commited or froze, then just roll it in. To be fair though, such a responsibility given to someone so laid back would have been unbearable, thank god the situation never arose. Lol only us city fans could win the league like that, then open a thread exploring the alternatives if Sergio,s effort didnt go in, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat is something we were not used to at the time maybe, but things are different now and anything is possible, in a good way. For me ,that moment epitomised the transition from old city to new in that regard.

One day we will win the champs league, we might even do the treble along the way, but nothing will ever come close to that moment still get goosebumps watching it now!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.