6 Years Ago Today That Match !

great game and to think, the bloody world thought we where shit, well they didnt say so after this match, fookin great atmos, took me days to come down, seemed like it took only ten mins to get from the shit hole we know as LAAAAHHHHNNNDEN

the disappointment in Andy grays voice when the fourth went in was there for all to hear, first stony silence and then a quiet I DON,T BELEIVE IT, just like victor meldrew, where was the YOU BEAUTYYYYYYYYYY?

I've lived in sheffield for ten years now. I actually watched that match in a pub in the company of five exiled Spurs fans. The only reason I stayed for the second half was because one of them had just bought me a pint. I remember getting a text message from my brother back in Manchester telling me 'we're gonna win this 4-3'. I replied with 'And I'll bare my arse in Piccadily if we do'.

Couldn't believe it at the end. If anything, the Spurs lads were even more glum than I was at half time. They were good sports though. I got home and woke up the missus to tell her all about it. She wasn't impressed.

Oh and I still haven't made good on my text message to our kid. I think he's forgotten about it now.

I was indeed there for one of the greatest comebacks ever...A few things though that not many people pick up on

Fowler had a great second half playing behind Jonny Big Bum...his pass for SWP's goal was brill.

The goalie that night who's name I cant remember made some superb saves that night.Where is he now?

Apparently Niall Quinn was oe of the nights pundits and off screen(but somewhere?) on You Tube is seen jumping round the studio going bonkers

Also Sibi..(thoughts with you mate) had a real good game

And for the winner a great cross from Tarnat and a fantastic header from Jonny

Loads left at half time, I gave it 15 to see if we scored.

We were not outplayed in the first half, just they scored every chance they had.

We did the same in the second half, there were only about three saves the whole match.

There were a few angry cowardly Spurs fans outside after who had to be told how funny it all was.

Wouldn't have been possible without Arnesens double save from Zieges free kick and Gus Poyets follow up header.
Disitns early goal set the tone.
I was there, went with a Liverpool fan and his girlfriend (her first ever match!)
Amazing night.....one of the lads with us couldn't bear to watch the second half!

I remember swapping pubs in Fallowfield at half time absolutely gutted. By the the time Mackem scored the winner I was jumping around like a loon. What a night

Didn't go to this one but remember being in the pub and at half time after Anelka had gone off, we'd lost 3 goals, Barton was red carded and we had no chance - I honestly sang "we're gonna win 4-3!"

me my mates still laugh about that now!

one of the best cup games ever, pity we were knocked out 3 days later by those cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.