#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say, 9 posts in six months and almost all slagging off Sterling is kind of pathetic.

Doesn’t make his right to an opinion any less than anyone else’s. I happen to disagree that he lacks work ethic although from time to time this season his desire doesn’t seem to have quite been there compared to previous seasons.

Anyroads Sterling played well, took his goal really well - the usual demons of when he thinks too much remain but he’s always had that about him - when he is just instinctive he is a cracking player. Think he now needs a bit of a run in the team to fully get back to his old self. Oh and Barca can fuck off.

Haven’t been a big fan of Sterling, esp recently, but it would be unfair to suggest he was anything other than back to his best on Sunday.

He was especially effective playing right wing in the first half. Took his goal exquisitely and you see what it meant to him.

Long may it continue.

Not only have you just proven that he runs the same distance as a centre back, but you've shown me a stat from his 2018 season? Pop ur head into a game this season pal, and take a look for yourself
Lol, not sure if you're being serious or not as I can't believe anyone with even basic rudimentary skills in maths would would take away from those stats that he runs the same distance as a CB

But to humour you & to be a proper boring ****, I'll explain the basic year 7 maths behind the figures & also point out that it doesn't matter what year it was from as you stated he's NEVER worked hard

First thing to do is to take out the anomaly of Foden, as his stats are freakishly high (About as high as any player across the whole of Europe)

Mahrez (Like for like position) runs on average 11,390m per game
Sterling on average 10,690m per game

Average game length is 93 mins

Mahrez runs 700m further than Sterling on average per game

That is equal to 7.52m/minute, which in turn equates to roughly 4 strides per minute

However, to add to that, Sterling has 22.59 sprints/game (Highest in the team btw the lazy twat), which is over twice the amount of sprints Mahrez does at 10.3/game. I'm sure I don't need to explain how sprinting effects aerobic & anaerobic respiration (year 7 biology)

So if Sterling is lazy & doesn't work hard enough as you stated, then that applies to all of our team as there is roughly 10 strides/minute between any of them (with the exclusion of Foden & Ederson)

This is a direct quote from Pep from that season:

"Without the ball these players are top quality. I try to convince them to run like the most humble team in the world.
If they don’t do that they don’t play - they sit beside me on the bench. I can forgive everything - but if they don’t run, they don’t play. You have to run in football. People say a lot of things. Our physicality is always good. That is one of our secrets - more than tactics, spirit. you try to run.”

& I'm pretty certain Sterling played more games than pretty much anyone else that season

So whilst your eyes from the SS tell you Sterling is lazy, all the evidence, including the amount of games Pep played him in that season, points to exactly the opposite pal. Nowt as blind as those who will not see

Bore fest over, you are chatting shite about Sterling not working hard, he works as hard as anyone else in the team & does more sprints, so why you've singled him out for being lazy, I have no idea?

There's a difference between facts & opinions pal. Your opinion is that Sterling is lazy, facts say your wrong

If you were taking the piss as I assume, congratulations you've just caught a big fucking bastard blue whale :)

Last edited:
Anyone else think he actually mishit for the goal?
No it was a great finish. He’s very good at those he doesn’t need think about but tends to fluff those where he’s expected to score.

Haven’t been a big fan of Sterling, esp recently, but it would be unfair to suggest he was anything other than back to his best on Sunday.

He was especially effective playing right wing in the first half. Took his goal exquisitely and you see what it meant to him.

Long may it continue.
I'm similar to you not his greatest fan but he was really excellent in the first half on Sunday, well worth his place in the team. If I had to try to define it I think he's much better when the ball comes across his body from the left on to his right but when it comes across his body right to left it's almost as if he can't focus on the ball, hence the simple misses. He can use his left a bit eg crossing it, it's just when it comes across his body which unfortunately is normally the scoring chance.

Lol, not sure if you're being serious or not as I can't believe anyone with even basic rudimentary skills in maths would would take away from those stats that he runs the same distance as a CB

But to humour you & to be a proper boring ****, I'll explain the basic year 7 maths behind the figures & also point out that it doesn't matter what year it was from as you stated he's NEVER worked hard

First thing to do is to take out the anomaly of Foden, as his stats are freakishly high (About as high as any player across the whole of Europe)

Mahrez (Like for like position) runs on average 11,390m per game
Sterling on average 10,690m per game

Average game length is 93 mins

Mahrez runs 700m further than Sterling on average per game

That is equal to 7.52m/minute, which in turn equates to roughly 4 strides per minute

However, to add to that, Sterling has 22.59 sprints/game (Highest in the team btw the lazy twat), which is over twice the amount of sprints Mahrez does at 10.3/game. I'm sure I don't need to explain how sprinting effects aerobic & anaerobic respiration (year 7 biology)

So if Sterling is lazy & doesn't work hard enough as you stated, then that applies to all of our team as there is roughly 10 strides/minute between any of them (with the exclusion of Foden & Ederson)

This is a direct quote from Pep from that season:

"Without the ball these players are top quality. I try to convince them to run like the most humble team in the world.
If they don’t do that they don’t play - they sit beside me on the bench. I can forgive everything - but if they don’t run, they don’t play. You have to run in football. People say a lot of things. Our physicality is always good. That is one of our secrets - more than tactics, spirit. you try to run.”

& I'm pretty certain Sterling played more games than pretty much anyone else that season

So whilst your eyes from the SS tell you Sterling is lazy, all the evidence, including the amount of games Pep played him in that season, points to exactly the opposite pal. Nowt as blind as those who will not see

Bore fest over, you are chatting shite about Sterling not working hard, he works as hard as anyone else in the team & does more sprints, so why you've singled him out for being lazy, I have no idea?

There's a difference between facts & opinions pal. Your opinion is that Sterling is lazy, facts say your wrong

If you were taking the piss as I assume, congratulations you've just caught a big fucking bastard blue whale :)
Alright pal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.