#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good way to start this thread is with congrats to Raheem for deservedly making the official Euro 2020 Team of the Tournament.

Looks about right. Maybe Chiellini and Verratti over Maguire and Hojbjerg.

Reactions: kun
Looking forward to seeing how this season pans out.
Hes got a lot to prove this year after a poor season by his very high standards but he will come back to preseason on a high after a fantastic euros and the acclaim he's rightly been given.
I'm confident we will see a return to form but a lot rides on the signing of a true striker and a tweak in the tactics that undoubtedly didn't suit him last year.
Good luck to him.

If there's one player whose form I desperately want to see improve, it's Raheem's. A wonderful guy who has been absolutely amazing for us for such a long time. He clearly had a dip last season and he's definitely aware of it, but hopefully Pep can find a new way to use him this season that gets him back to his best.

That second half vs Italy I think was the first time I've ever seen him with just no more gas in his tank. I think he played every minute of the tournament so maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise. Will be interesting to see how Pep handles the national team players minutes upon return.

Last edited:

This gives me Messi False 9 vibes back in the day.

Sterling dropping deep and driving at the defence, drifting wide, runs behind to score.

Sometimes at City when he is stuck out wide we don't get "this" Sterling often enough, playing him centrally as a false 9 "could" work. Especially if we don't sign anybody, I'd like to see it.

I don't think it's a crazy idea to try out. I think Pep even played Sane as a striker in pre-season until he injured his leg and was out the entire season and went to Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.