#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it unbelievable the vitriol poured towards this player by his own clubs "fans". One of the best players in the league while taking a stand on social issues like racism. He will sign a new contract at City and score another hundred goals for you to be a legend. If you don't rate him, you don't understand football.
His public stand on racism has been greatly lauded by all.

I'm not sure however which Sterling you are seeing to believe he is one of the best in the league, as his performances over the last 12 months or so would suggest otherwise.

He has been great for us, but for whatever reason, his performance levels have dropped, hence now he is no longer a shoe in starter.

Watching Sterling and Kane for England, you can't tell who is regarded as the much better player. If you had to name one, you'd rather go with Sterling: more lively and dangerous than Kane. Hopefully, Sterling's form for England will translate to the PL.

Watching Sterling and Kane for England, you can't tell who is regarded as the much better player. If you had to name one, you'd rather go with Sterling: more lively and dangerous than Kane. Hopefully, Sterling's form for England will translate to the PL.

On the flip he gives the ball away far more,runs down blind alleys continually and tends to unnecessarily fall over far more frequently.

He took his goal well,his movement was exceptional,and he showed plenty of enthusiasm,but also it lacked the usual substance being a typically frustrating performance by Raheem.

7/10.

What is it with Sterling that he is excelling with England but then struggles with City these days?

How can we get him to get his form back in Man City?!

14 in the last 22.

SOCCER%20England%20210343.jpg

Sums up his career.

MOTM for me yet again following on from his starring role in the Euros.
So lively, full of running plus the usual brilliant movement (amongst the best in world football?) and above all the most dangerous player on the pitch. A nightmare to defend against and, as usual, mis-controls and blind alleys are irrelevant if there is a positive sum over 90 mins to impact on the game. Ignore the shit (unless it's costly) and focus on the positives.

Of course, I'm wearing my blue-tinted glasses supporting a great City player but seems the media are in agreement in the player ratings for last night. Quickly looked at 8 publications and he was top rating or joint top rating in all 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.