#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you think the point of the tweet was?
To show that he is one of the best players ever? hes a very good goal scorer for what its worth but i just dont think hes as good as other players in his position other than goals.

He was shite last night and even Southgate was frustrated with him after he failed to cross first time to Kane who was ahead of his marker. This was just after a sequence of repeated chops back inside onto his left foot that went nowhere.

If he was playing like that for us Pep would have given him 5 more minutes to do something then he would have been off.

Sterling can't be a focal point of this team tho thats why pep prefers grealish and foden there. Sterling is a very good goal scorer but lets be real salah is a better play than him, If salah was in our team he'd out score sterling and contribute more. Sterling may not have been the focal point in previous years but he has had the perfect role which allowed him to get loads of goals. Once the system change happened last season sterling struggled.

I'd love Salah and Mane to come to City on a busmans holiday so we could see them first hand in comparison to Sterling.

We could admire their eye for goal, technical ability, dribbling skills, tenacity and end product. The pair of them are quality players. Salah's numbers for 17/18 were extraordinary but somewhat of an outlier. For the 3 seasons since (and looking at their numbers in aggregate) they have been elite players and at the top of both the English and European game. Yet, in terms of numbers, Sterling matches them all the way.

In terms of Non penalty goals and assists, the pair of them and Sterling have posted very similar figures. Drill down deeper and there are many other similarities - dribbles, carries inthe final 1/3 or into the box, dribbles into the box, touches in the box, movement into space in the box etc etc. All 3 are truly elite. (So is Jackie boy but he doesn't do the goals bit or movement into the danger areas of the box yet).

But we would fuck them back to Liverpool because, well, they are Liverpool. But before that we'd have threads on here moaning about their 1st touch, bouncing balls off opponents legs, missed (easy) passes, miscontrols and being dispossessed. Funny thing is both Salah and Mane are worse than Sterling with this side of the game in terms of numbers - simply they fuck up more than Sterling based on numbers.

Last edited:
I'd love Salah and Mane to come to City on a busmans holiday so we could see them first hand in comparison to Sterling.

We could admire their eye for goal, technical ability, dribbling skills, tenacity and end product. The pair of them are quality players. Salah's numbers for 17/18 were extraordinary but somewhat of an outlier. For the 3 seasons since (and looking at their numbers in aggregate) they have been elite players and at the top of both the English and European game. Yet, in terms of numbers, Sterling matches them all the way.

In terms of Non penalty goals and assists, the pair of them and Sterling have posted very similar figures. Drill down deeper and there are many other similarities - dribbles, carries inthe final 1/3 or into the box, dribbles into the box, touches in the box, movement into space in the box etc etc. All 3 are truly elite. (So is Jackie boy but he doesn't do the goals bit or movement into the danger areas of the box yet).

But we would fuck them back to Liverpool because, well, they are Liverpool. But before that we'd have threads on here moaning about their 1st touch, bouncing balls off opponents legs, missed (easy) passes, miscontrols and being dispossessed. Funny thing is both Salah and Mane are worse than Sterling with this side of the game.
You numbers work well for your post but to say Salah is anything but on a different planet to Sterling technically is laughable.

You numbers work well for your post but to say Salah is anything but on a different planet to Sterling technically is laughable.

I'm not questioning Salah's technical ability but I've edited the last bit of my post to clarify they simply both fuck up more than Sterling in number terms. That is a matter of fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.