#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sterling has one foot out the door and is running down his deal. I think it’s good to play a bit of hardball with him tbh.

In the post 2008-era I've seen a fair few more underrated than Sterling by City fans, but I don't think I've ever known a more maligned player than Sterling by City fans.

It's as if since the media stopped their witch-hunt, the City fans stepped up.

In the post 2008-era I've seen a fair few more underrated than Sterling by City fans, but I don't think I've ever known a more maligned player than Sterling by City fans.

It's as if since the media stopped their witch-hunt, the City fans stepped up.

I am a fan of Sterling but to be fair his form and performances have dropped quite alarmingly.

I am a fan of Sterling but to be fair his form and performances have dropped quite alarmingly.
I've probably made this point about a 1000 times over the last 4 seasons but there's a difference between pointing out bad form and whatever this is we're experiencing in every single Sterling thread.

The Gundogan thread back in 17/18 when people blamed every loss on him and accused him of personally halting Foden's development was a nirvana compared to the Sterling threads.

I've probably made this point about a 1000 times over the last 4 seasons but there's a difference between pointing out bad form and whatever this is we're experiencing in every single Sterling thread.

Fair point and I try never to call our players out whereas some cannot resist sticking the knife in at every opportunity .

He seems unable to complete his dribbles anymore. Have opponents found him out? He used to skip past players for fun. Sad!

He seems unable to complete his dribbles anymore. Have opponents found him out? He used to skip past players for fun. Sad!
I think that has more to do with him playing more central. Stick him on the wing and I am sure he would be back to his best.

As you will have noticed, some more than others. It‘s not un-City like to think he’s fallen down the pecking order, particularly when he’s seeking a big new contract.

I was only taking the piss but there was a bit of truth in it.

I find the idea of talking down to fellow City supporters because they're supporting a City player almost as weird as the idea of constantly laying into one of our players who has only ever tried his best in the first place.

But it's hypocritical because we've all done it and I know you're not exactly the worst offender.

I do find it even harder to wrap my head around with this one, however, because not only has the player been a model pro but he's also contributed more to our success than 99.9% of our players ever will. Plus, he pisses off the scousers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.