#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably made this point about a 1000 times over the last 4 seasons but there's a difference between pointing out bad form and whatever this is we're experiencing in every single Sterling thread.

The Gundogan thread back in 17/18 when people blamed every loss on him and accused him of personally halting Foden's development was a nirvana compared to the Sterling threads.
There have always been Marmite players/personalities. When people earn £10m+ they are open to close scrutiny.

Right or wrongly, Gundo, Mahrez, Bravo and Mendy have also “enjoyed” their turn.

Last edited:
I feel that the form will come with consistency in game time.. which will be more afforded in the congested fixture, but is anyone else more concerned over the effort. It seems when he comes on, he presses half-heartedly. It stands out in comparison to Bernardo + Gabby who’ve been running around for 60 minutes already and look like they’re working twice as hard ‍♂️

I think that has more to do with him playing more central. Stick him on the wing and I am sure he would be back to his best.
That's really only this season. Last season he played on the wing and he seemed unable to take on an opponent. Exception being the scouser game, but I think even I could dribble past TAA

Bernardo’s renaissance, the advent of Grealish and the return of Foden will put added pressure on Sterling (and Mahrez).
Also the transformation of Jesus. There's now 5 options for the two winger positions with Bernando and Torres as extra options. I think Sterling is going to struggle to get in the team as a winger, maybe he can tighten up his finishing and compete with Torres for the striker spot.

Also the transformation of Jesus. There's now 5 options for the two winger positions with Bernando and Torres as extra options. I think Sterling is going to struggle to get in the team as a winger, maybe he can tighten up his finishing and compete with Torres for the striker spot.
The problem as you say is getting into the team now. The cameos that he has had this season so far have not been good enough imo for Pep to consider him for automatic selection.

I suspect he will start on Tues and this will be his opportunity to impress from the get go. It's on him to perform

The problem as you say is getting into the team now. The cameos that he has had this season so far have not been good enough imo for Pep to consider him for automatic selection.

I suspect he will start on Tues and this will be his opportunity to impress from the get go. It's on him to perform
He played well last game and there were only two posts, where were you then ?

You perceived he played well, many didn't
Of course he didn't.
If a player in a situation like Raz gets a chance to show he is ready to fight - he has to leave an impression and hunt the ball and the opponent player. Raz doesn't. Jesus does.
He had 18 minutes vs a worn down team that got a red short after Raz entered the pitch.
What a chance to make something of it, but no.
I found it disappointing.

If anything in terms of talent Raz is an athletic machine. But he is only half arsed to go for it.
I have no idea why, but it's an obvious message to Pep, meaning "I do what I want". IMO.

I hope we sell him just so I don't have to read the same shite by the same posters over and over ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.