#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting for Raheem to turn the corner , but its like the Nurburgring a lot of corners and he's still well off the pace , unfortunately his best position, wide left, is being occupied by a player on top form and another player in Foden who was head and shoulders better than him last season.
Unless Sterling becomes a goal scoring central striker in the next few weeks , i dont see him starting many games , Mahrez is also some distance ahead of Raheem , if any of the elite clubs can scrape £50m together i would take it , he needs a change of scenery and we need the money to put towards a striker.

IMO, Pep made Raheem weaker.

Changing his position from RW to LW has ruined him.

I’m sure it was common knowledge that Raheem preferred playing there? Presumably because it gave him more opportunity to cut inside and score which he seemed to ‘perfect’ a few seasons back.

He was there for most of 18/19 and 19/20 when he was brilliant with Bernardo/Mahrez at RW so I don’t think this is on Pep.

I’m sure it was common knowledge that Raheem preferred playing there? Presumably because it gave him more opportunity to cut inside and score which he seemed to ‘perfect’ a few seasons back.

He was there for most of 18/19 and 19/20 when he was brilliant with Bernardo/Mahrez at RW so I don’t think this is on Pep.
Lol he literally came out and said he prefers playing LW so I don’t know how someone can blame pep.

I don’t know how you can even blame pep for Raheem failing to control a pass well or leaving the ball behind when he is running.

Lol he literally came out and said he prefers playing LW so I don’t know how someone can blame pep.

I don’t know how you can even blame pep for Raheem failing to control a pass well or leaving the ball behind when he is running.

Let’s face it, Pep has worked miracles on Sterling.

Sterling himself has been fantastic, he obviously has talent and has worked hard to improve himself but when you see what’s happening now, his main strengths are what they were Pre-Pep: pace and movement.

Take the tap ins out the equation, because it’s not an easily done goal now as it was back in 17/18 and 18/19, then you’re relying on genuine, consistent finishing ability to score the amount of goals he was getting which unfortunate he doesn’t and hasn’t ever had.

I don’t particularly blame anybody, just think it’s time for a change but we’re scared shitless of losing money on an asset that we’ve probably spent more time trying to extend his contract rather than inviting offers.

What does frustrate me is how shit he’s been at the simple stuff like the 1v1 he had with a defender yesterday and suddenly controlling it 20 yards in front of him. It’s simple stuff like that but it’s the norm now.

He’s been amazing for us, genuinely one of the best players of this modern era I’d say, but it’s just fizzling out. I did hope a proper number 9 signing and being able to run beyond them would benefit him - like he does with Kane for England and did with Aguero - but obviously that didn’t materialise.

Had convinced myself 3 times yesterday that he had been subbed off. Sterling upfront, in theory should work for us very well with his movement and pace but I can't think of a single time it's come good. The single most annoy thing about the sterling we have seen for the last 18 months is his reluctance to utilise his pace, it's his biggest asset and the one thing he has that nobody else in the squad has, it gets him starts in games his form has no right to warrant a start but if he's not even willing to run then what's the point? I can see him starting against Chelsea and Liverpool and its going to be infuriating.

Let’s face it, Pep has worked miracles on Sterling.

Sterling himself has been fantastic, he obviously has talent and has worked hard to improve himself but when you see what’s happening now, his main strengths are what they were Pre-Pep: pace and movement.

Take the tap ins out the equation, because it’s not an easily done goal now as it was back in 17/18 and 18/19, then you’re relying on genuine, consistent finishing ability to score the amount of goals he was getting which unfortunate he doesn’t and hasn’t ever had.

I don’t particularly blame anybody, just think it’s time for a change but we’re scared shitless of losing money on an asset that we’ve probably spent more time trying to extend his contract rather than inviting offers.

What does frustrate me is how shit he’s been at the simple stuff like the 1v1 he had with a defender yesterday and suddenly controlling it 20 yards in front of him. It’s simple stuff like that but it’s the norm now.

He’s been amazing for us, genuinely one of the best players of this modern era I’d say, but it’s just fizzling out. I did hope a proper number 9 signing and being able to run beyond them would benefit him - like he does with Kane for England and did with Aguero - but obviously that didn’t materialise.
The club might be okay allowing sterling to leave though but where is the serious interest ?

The club might be okay allowing sterling to leave though but where is the serious interest ?
There isn't any. Even if we wanted rid we wouldn't sell to a domestic rival, psg aren't in the market for a forward, bayern have plenty of similar players, he's far too young to go to Italy, the only option would be Spain and they are all skint.

In the euros for England he was quick, direct and a real threat to the opposition.

For the last 6 months he has looked lost in a blue shirt. Hope he get gets back to how he used to be or his Euro type performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.