#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the 1st England game in the Euro's he hinted at stuff behind the scenes at City. That there were reasons for him not playing well.

Wonder what they were?
Probably us telling him to have a fucking word with himself demanding a salary on par with KDB.

I notice the stories about him hiring performing analysts to prove his worth have died down. I wonder if he hired them and the answer was “at this moment in time, you’re play is on par with a League 2 salary”.

Raz is playing shit for us due to city not having a striker.

England have Kane that can take defenders away, leaving Sterling space to use his pace, city don’t have that. that Neutralises sterling’s greatest asset his pace but also his intelligence to get behind the fullback at the back post. Raheem needs to play with a striker to get the best out of him. Agueros link up play with Sterling was brilliant when Aguero was not injured. At England him and Kane are brilliant together.

If we got Kane we would have the old Raheem back. Not getting a striker didn’t just stop us getting a finisher to finish chances but a player that can link midfield and attack, a player that can bring wingers into play. at Barca David Villa linked play with Pedro etc, at Bayern Lewandowski linked up play with their midfield and attack. centurion season Aguero linked play with KDB and Silva but would also give the wingers space to attack teams.

Striker is a major piece to getting the best out of your wingers in a pep team. False 9 worked at Barca due to Messi being an incredible player that could score goals but also come deep to link up play for other players.
I disagree in that Sterling is being criticised for not his wing play but his general footballing play.

I disagree in that Sterling is being criticised for not his wing play but his general footballing play.
He's not playing on the wing where he can use his speed and dribbling ability at pace. Move a player from a role where they are comfortable they will more than likely struggle.

Foden's emergence and Aguero's injuries hurt Sterling last season, and now with Grealish signing we're pushing Sterling out of the door.

He's not playing on the wing where he can use his speed and dribbling ability at pace. Move a player from a role where they are comfortable they will more than likely struggle.

Foden's emergence and Aguero's injuries hurt Sterling last season, and now with Grealish signing we're pushing Sterling out of the door.
Come off it, he has played plenty on the wing these last 18 months.

If you need a focal point to enable you to control a ball something is clearly amiss.

If, he is being pushed out the door, it's his own doing imo

Come off it, he has played plenty on the wing these last 18 months.

If you need a focal point to enable you to control a ball something is clearly amiss.

If, he is being pushed out the door, it's his own doing imo
Foden and Grealish have had the left side. He's a world class player when played to his strengths. We're just not doing so now.

I feel that City fans have been more than patient with Raheem. He’s been bloody awful and a shadow of the player two seasons ago. It can only be his England performances that have kept him in the first team squad for so long. Time to say goodbye and remember the great moments that he once played a part in.

Something is not right. He always was indecisive, but it has got worse and that attempt to control the pass from de Druyne at the weekend was pure amateurism.

He is not worth a place in the team at this moment in time and a pay rise should be out of the question.
yeah. the indecisiveness.. it's breathtaking. i've never seen a player who takes so long to make a decision yet the decision he makes ends up being the wrong one.

his shooting has gotten WAY worse as well, back to the liverpool days. had a similar chance to the one grealish scored in the CL against southampton and nearly hit the corner flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.